- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon Barrels & Oloroso Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 57.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 170215/31251 BB
- Added on
- 24 Feb 2015 8:48 am by z-imaging
5 × in wishlist
155 × member ratings
340 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin Cask Strength Edition
40 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.55 points
- Last night was a pop and pour and I was mitigated by the result, might be because it was a side by side with a Springbank LB 10 2020. Might have pushed my luck there. Will revisit this week
- Tasty and accessible
- Tasty and accessible
- I only had one sample of this whisky, this in advance.
A very interesting whisky with a very good price-performance ratio in my opinion.
I would not be averse to a large bottle here and would possibly buy it.
Thanks Dramtime for the sample.
The sherry is only subtle. Hardly any sweetness.
It has something "meaty" about it, I don't know how to describe it any other way.
I also guess ginger and possibly allspice.
Very interesting. Wass doesn't change much.
Very strong. Hold 57.5%.
Here now a distinct sweetness, sticky notes and citrus fruits.
The aromas come out much more clearly with water.
I taste some exotic fruit, but I can't define it.
It also gets nutty towards the end
Not very long and a bit metallic. Probably not very old yet.
- Strong and very young whisky, it does not have a powerful aroma as in Glenfarclas 105, but it is more pleasant to drink. The aroma is soft, lacks saturation, dry, even dusty, dried apricots, dry fruits, sweet, some berries, a burning and sweet taste, a hot warming finish.
- In the nose, alcohol is really to strong. In body and finish it's much better and more balanced.
Spicy, pepper, cinnamon, combined with fruitiness, plums. Really stinging alcolhol now, quite uncomfortable.
Pretty strong, some pepper. Sweer, honey, caramel. A bit of orange. Some peach as well. Pretty full taste
Still tingling and peppers, honey, peach and some orange. Middle long.
- A difficult to describe, neat malt!
alcoholic, harsh, powerful, some sherry, fruit, spice;
diluted: powerful fruity onset, citrus, oranges, then seasoning: coarse tobacco, ginger, nuts, oak; "metallic" young;
medium-length, very spicy finish; dry aftertaste;
- not sure how many sherry casks were used. I had a lot of bourbon cask in my glas. some honey, some vanilla. some sulphur, a bit meaty as well, together with the nice ABV this did bring in some notes I really do like. finish was nice, warm and long lasting. tasted a bit young but still fine. (WSZ18)
- For me it was not enjoyable and rather uninteresting. tastes of nutty bread gone off
- very intresting strong possition, it seems to me that Tommatin has got this own style of sweet and dry whisky at the same time.