one in wishlist
16 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Inver House Green Plaid
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.36 points
- Balblair Balmenach Old pulteney An cnoc and Speyburn are the main malts in this blend.
- [January, 2010] I had this dram during a FoSM club tasting. I bought this bottle for 12 Euro in June, 2006. It was bottled before 1991 (75cl bottle imported from Italy).In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 80. My notes state it is okay to drink (I had a lot of single malt that were weaker)...
- Jazzpianofingers is your note for a full bottle or a miniature, just interested?
If its an full bottle is it definitely this one because there are quite a few variations ?
- N: Smells like another dull generic blend, the kind that gives blends their poor reputation in general. Disappointing nose to start, a tad pond watery.
T: Not much development but its got a bold rich honey malt arrival, a nicely weighted and consistent body and an interesting sweet and sour balance with some astringent freshness and coffee caramel.
F: But the caramel gatecrashes the party and any sibilance is lost.
C: Its another mediocre blend with a poor nose and a non-event finish. Thankfully it tastes - ok.
Scores an N
- Decent enough and can be found for a reasonably price at auction.
Vanilla, marzipan, white wine, pear, hint of apple.
It does develop in the glass, gets more substantial on the nose as time goes on
White wine, menthol, some lemon, honey and then some bitterness comes in mixed in with some toffee.
The grain component sings loudly here.
Not to long with a bitter sweet fight to the end