8 × in wishlist
345 × member ratings
1041 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Founder's Reserve
68 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.67 points
- Weak, flat, malt whisky. Nose is ok, but taste and finish are very thin, flat and short.
- Soft whisky, soft price. Good aperitif.
Very flat and nothing giving away, but that's only for what my nose concerns.
A lot spicier than expected. There's a light young freshness and some sweetness but it hasn't enough body and it's far too watery despite the spicy start.
- Subtle nose, no alcoholic note. Palate is pungent, fresh oak, spices, green fruits. Finish is bitter sweet, short finish. Rather too young for drinking neat, but could be a good mixer.
Pleasantly sweet, vanilla, but somehow thin and still hot. Short finish.
Drinkable, without other positive characteristics.
- Fine to have as entry level for guests or if you are in a sweet mood
- Aqueous and flat. Not recommended