Macduff 2008 Wx

5024720536002
06 feb 2015 7:17 pm by RoyC
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky reviews for Macduff 2008 Wx

3 users have left 3 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 81.25 points.

1. WhiskyShaman scored this whisky 77 points Expert Senior

Initially, I had that pang of disappointment when I first put in nose to the glass and got immediate and unmistakable New Make. The rest of the nose was nice and bright, but not inspiring and nothing to make me think that it was going to taste anything else but young and underdeveloped.

It's probably worth mentioning at this point, that this whisky is extremely light in colour. I'm confident stating there's no caramel added to this - because it has practically no colour at all.

Anyway.

I had a sip and...and.. It was good. I think.

Still, youthful, not massively complex, but tasty and an experience I'm glad I've had.

It helped that there was adequate mouthfeel throughout and that the Szechuan went on and on, but I couldn't help feeling I shouldn't like this as much as I do.

But I do. I drank the whole sample to make sure. You know, for Science.

There might be some yellow, new make grain tones hidden in the palate, quite effectively masked by the melon tang and ginger, but the hot and cool condensed milk tail that refused to end, is what sealed it for me.

I think I like Macduff distillate.
      New make-y, sweet lemon, green apple
    • Taste
      New make and licorice root fumes. Confectionary sugar, toad skin melon, pickled ginger
      Condensed milk, lavender, white pepper, lingering Szechuan.

2. Squinugie scored this whisky 82 points Connoisseur