- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength - Batch 10
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 70% Sherry & 30% Bourbon Casks
- 53.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Feb 2015 9:35 pm by Bheithir
39 × in wishlist
237 × member ratings
539 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 12-year-old
43 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.58 points
- Aroma: caramel, condensed milk, sweet oranges and their peel, autumn leaves, salt, minerals, lime, coniferous branches, smoke in the background, locksmith, used engine oil, a little sulfur; all this, coupled with menthol freshness and sea breeze. The aroma is very thick but not thorny for its strength.
Taste: dense, sweet and spicy: chocolates, honey, ginger, cinnamon, coffee with milk, orange peel, red pepper, smoked meat, salt, minerality, a bit bitter herbal infusion.
Finish: long, slowly fading, caramel, minerals, honey, needles, unrefined oil, wax, spices in the background.
The result: a great barrel batch! And the whole Springbank as all of Scotland is in one glass, very diverse ... I tried Batch 11 head-on, there are differences in small nuances, and the WB doesn’t jump from batch to batch. So the line Cask Strength can be safely recommended for purchase.
- N21 P22 F22 B22
- Again a great and affordable dram back in the days. There are batch differences, but all are good.
- Grubby dirty, nonetheless round sherry jumper and an absolute recommendation for just this price
Strong nose, vegetables, Springer compost / cowshed, smoke and sherry, some dark fruit sweetness, alcohol well integrated
Dirty sherry, sweet, woody-oaky, round
Long, here again the sweetish, dark-fruited sherry, dries neatly to the end
- Not my thing, avoid.
Alcohol burn, slight peat
- Class Malt, super PLV
Peach, "dirty sweetness" typical Springbank, light smoke, burned matches, lemongrass, vanilla, wild honey, black tea, moist hay, salty sea breeze, the full program. Very complex and with each Verriechen I find here new nuances!
Black pepper, red apples, leather, delicate tobacco notes, salty, herbal sweets, peach, earthy, cocoa powder, honey, dark chocolate,
Long, salty, now again smoke, citrus notes, dark chocolate, herbs, black pepper and dry
- Very solid, slightly smoky whisky. My first Springbank at all and love at first glance with this distillery.
Smoke, smoked meat, gum, caramel, malt, mint.
Strong sweetness and fullness. The onset is slightly stiff and bitter. Pear and lemon peel. Spice. At the end, cool mint or menthol.
Persistent alertness and woodiness. Perhaps a bruised blade of grass. Light spice: cloves, anise. And finally mint freshness. Overall enough longing.