- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Peat Ember
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Jul 2007 8:16 pm
13 × in wishlist
115 × member ratings
355 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich Caoran Reserve
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.48 points
- 21 20 19 20 80
interesting nose and good drinking, simple, but overall not bad.
- Its too thin and the finish is too short but I liked it. This is the sort of whisky that you can just sit and enjoy for what it is.
A simple pleasure , the profile is very simple but that is why it works.
Not as peaty as I was expecting, very minimal to be honest peat wise.
Orange, candied peal & fruits, hint of apple, maple syrup
My first impression was not good and that the palate was watery and thin, I was tempted to say rubbish. But then when I got used to it seemed to improve by a mile.
Its fruity on orange marmalade, touch of lemon, kiwi fruit and a touch of peat.
The palate is certainly better after a few mouthfuls but is still a little thin for me but much better for giving it time.
Short and sweet
- This is a fresh and tasty, high quality whisky.
- Is really a whisky that fits in the "Fiddich-line",
Sweet smoke, just sniff through and you smell ripe apple.
Starts with smoke, apple and then becomes something bitter. You have to get used to it. Roll in the mouth and taste cinnamon.
smoky, unfortunately a (too) short aftertaste. Delicate balance between taste and alcohol taste.
- Beautiful bottle, in nice sleeve. Start with a powerful nose, turns into sweet (slightly grim) aftertaste. Finished very short, but beautiful smoke tones. Subtle enjoyment. Within the "Fiddich-line" a great bottle.
- Nothing special here, better speysiders and better peated whiskies out there.
Sticky pears. Honey. Red fruits, berries, strawberries, yellow cherry. Superglue. Fortified white wine. A nasty underlying rushed spirit note. Oak. Vanilla. Woodspice.
Mineral and earthy peat, mineral salts, leads on to a lovely grainy flourish with rich molasses, barley sugar and apple/pear juice. Very salty jerky.
Medium length. Incredibly dry and salty. Nice earthy note and some fresh cut oak.