- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 17 Jan 2015 2:18 pm by Big_Alex
8 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
146 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Connemara Distillers Edition
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.04 points
- It’s an unusual Irish whiskey. It’s a peaty and double distilled. Peat, apple, dust, sweet fruits and vanilla are the main notes of this whiskey. Connemara is an easy to drink and tasty.
- Not very complex, nevertheless, a easy (but smoky) one to drink at low price.
One-dimensional, a lot of dried wheat. Behind toasted logs from the chimney. After a while also a matured fruit mix or compote. Baked apple with a hint of orange and cloves.
Grows and grows in intensity until it stings a bit and reaches the nose. This feeling stays for a moment and disappears after ~15 seconds. However, a lot of ashes, burnt wood and heavy oil. This is accompanied by the taste of crop and sweet compote with syrup. I can't experience a specific fruit here.
Not very long, cold ashes "ashtray", wood and the ceasing taste of dark chocolate and honey.
- So the sherry is really extremely discreet, that would have been done with bourbon barrels, but a really good quality Irishman. If the nose or finish were still a level higher in the vicinity of the taste, he could even have cracked on the 85.
Humid hay, some grapefruit, green apple, vanilla, altogether more restrained as apparently all Connemara in the nose, also here I dare to hear fine salt in the background, if not as strong as the Peated of them
Hmm, very pleasant, full but not alcoholic, beautiful apple notes, with peach, a lot of toffee and honey, vanilla, light salt notes are added, grapefruit, a little wet hay at the end then too
Dry, apple peel, hay, oak chips and hints of smoked leaves, quite bitter too, I would have liked more of the fruit, medium long
- An excellent Irishman, very dense and powerful for his 43%, a simple enough but successful batch of moderately phenolic base, bourbon and sherry barrels - from time to time each of them manifests itself in all its glory, the price tag also pleases its adequacy.
Open, wet, ash, stone dust, lemon peel, oiled paper, light notes of smoked meat, weak raisin shades, grindstone, burned Bengal fire.
Spicy, sweet, peppery wave, coal, ash, creamy confectionery notes.
Ash, metal sour, lemon, lemon pepper, cola, light beer bitterness, burnt crackers, grapefruit cake.
wirkt trocken mit Rauch und Zitrusnoten; Heu, Äpfel und Holz lassen sich dann noch finden
süßer, öliger Antritt mit passablen Fruchtnoten; Körper lässt etwas nach, dafür tritt hier der Rauch in den Vordergrund
lang und trocken, rauchig; es lassen sich noch die Echos von Trockenfrüchten und Honig erahnen