- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- 13.5 ppm
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail Exclusive
- Added on
- 17 Jan 2015 10:04 am by RoyC
6 × in wishlist
65 × member ratings
177 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for An Cnoc Barrow
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.67 points
- Drier than the Rascan and looking a little younger. I liked the Rascan a little better. Since the overall differences are not earth-shattering, you don't have to buy both.
also sugary sweet and nice peat smoke. Citrus, grassy and possibly a little younger than the Rascan. But only nuances.
In the mouth rather on the dry smoky side, the sweetness is still there, but very pushed into the background.
Pepper, sweet, spicy, dry peat smoke.
- Very bright, but surprisingly tasty. You don't get off your stool, but it's not a bad whisky
Flavors of cereals and vegetables, light notes of fruit, fine smoke lies above everything
At first only smoke, then there is a lot of sweetness and some fruit, hints of custard and almond notes
In short, but now surprisingly sweet, in the end the smoke and a little oak
- For normal price interesting whisky, but for me this was not something very special.
- - very light white wine (almost water)
- good NAS whisky,
- is great to drink, surprisingly soft, tasty and tasty (if you like smoke), the 46% are barely noticeable, great surprise, a bit rougher and edgier than the CUTTER and not so sweet
- P / L: approx. 50 € the liter is fully in order for the quality
medium-strong smoke, liquorice, spice, citrus, soft, light character
softer but intensely smoky onset, slowly increasing smoke with a lot of campfire smoke
soft medium length finish,
long soft cold smoke in the aftertaste
- A good Highland Malt - liter bottle - inexpensive!
[Color] almost clear;
[N] aromatic smoke, sour lemons, wild herbs, trace vanilla;
aromatic, citrus-rich gentle onset, pleasant smoke, ash, a little sweetness, vanilla, spice comes up, still young;
medium-length, aromatic, dry finish; Spice sounds;
- A fruity busy whisky. Press together in the sense of having multiple flavor notes. Not wrong. Give this whisky time to air and waltz for so long that it starts to get warm. Very soft and accessible for anyone who likes a little peat.
Caramel and peat. That at first. After letting the whisky air for a while, you can smell pepper and orange peel.
A striking mild taste ... in the beginning alone, but after a second or so you immediately taste the peat. Orange, caramel, pepper and sugar-sweet. While the alcohol pricks on your tongue and you search for more tasting notes, you quickly taste a coffee flavor. Also fruit is indispensable in this whisky, as well as wood from the barrel.
Fruit, coffee with sugar, peat and caramel. Well .. nice! It is unfortunate that 70% is quickly gone from the finish, but the other 30% is nice and stays longer.
- A good whisky. I'm more of a connoisseur of smoky whiskys so it's easy because I like smoke, but it's also hard because I've had my preferences for a long time. The Barrow will certainly not throw my previous favorites from the throne, but may like to be near the throne. I'll definitely try that more often.
First smoke - pleasant smoke, quite strong and spicy. Leather? Smells good and invites you to taste.
Good! Wood smoke and some ash. But completely in the frame. to something citrus fruit. I like it! This citrus fruit like Ardbeg, paired with subtle smoke - a very tasty whisky and certainly also suitable for smoke beginners. Do not get it wrong - it already has smoke!
Pleasant and warming at the beginning, but unfortunately not very long.
- Color: light straw
Nose: wood smoke, pine nuts, ornamental quince fruit (spicy & aromatic). The fruitiness is "bright" and just spicy.
Palate: strong, spicy, clear wood smoke, light fruitiness, pine nuts.
Finish: medium to long, smoky, fruity, slightly metallic.
Comment: I can not say exactly what I think of that, but I like it. And for years, although my taste otherwise changes constantly. Two other smoky AnCnocks did not convince me.
- Peaty but not too heavy. Nice long finish.