- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Glasgow Distillery Company (TGDC)
- Bottling serie
- Cache 1
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- 1st Fill Spanish Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Singular - Fine & Rare Whiskies
- Added on
- 08 Jan 2015 1:00 pm by holborndrinker
16 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Prometheus 26-year-old TGDC
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.08 points
- Obviously requires some time (1 minute per year minimum)))) to develop and gain full power
- Macallan? 'glasgow distillers'
1st fill sherry
bit peated and light hint of sulfur, but not unpleasant ...
caramel, chocolate and even some tar ...
- In my opinion, a perfect whisky, slightly smoky, impressive Macallan ...
SMELL warm, sweet with butterscotch, aromatic heather, orange peel and smoky charcoal.
PALATE Creamy, complex, red berries, ginger, coffee, milk chocolate and candied orange slices. Initially spicy, then vanilla, roasted aromas and sour notes like gooseberries. Smoke in the background with sherry.
FINISH Coffee with vanilla ice cream and some fruit with noticeable smoke. Long, very long, very, very long. An impressive finish with sweet creamy toffee that lays over the palate and even the lips.
- needs some air and time ...
after 30 min. in the nosing glass:
Elegant, balanced and very pleasant with impressions of nuts (walnuts), sherry and fine wood notes. Aromatic, slightly fruity and warm to the touch with a little orange and a hint of vanilla.
Aromatic with oak, sherry, spicy wood notes, a hint of spicy,
slight sherry sweetness but in balance with oak.
Balanced, also here a hint of orange, spices, fine wood notes.
Soft, slightly fruity with sherry and with a not intrusive but always noticeable oak. Tart and sweet, at the end again with a little sherry and raisins, slightly tart, hint of nutty, very long finish.
An elegant, successful and a “designed” whisky.
- Complex and interesting, tastes older than it is despite it is actually not a young one, I like th ebalance of sweetness and spices
Intense, nutty, sherry, hints of leather, spices, pepper, nutmeg, cloves
Oily, creamy, liquorice, subtle sweetness, fine oak wood, xmas spice, cinnamon, nutty again
Long and warm, stille spicy and little sweet
- The 26-year-old and 27-year-old in direct comparison: https://fosm.de/tasting-prometheus-26yo-vs-27yo/
Mild Sherrynoten and light smoke, a little fruit and orange, I think so too. Over time, he also changes without water. Very complex. A very interesting combination. Now chocolate is also added. And raisins.
Mock and chocolate, vanilla and pepper. Mild smoke. A lot of power for the 47%. The dark fruits and oranges are also noticeable. A little reminds me of the marmalade.
Long mellow finish, fruity, little oak especially for 26 years, light nut notes
- This is definitely NOT a distillery bottling, as this Glasgow distiller doesnt exist 5 years yet and this whisky is 26 years old. Casks bought/given somewhere else and bottled. As are the next 3 bottlings: this is the first in a series of four (26, 27, 28, 29 yo)