- Single Malt
- The Glasgow Distillery Company (TGDC)
- Bottling serie
- Cache 1
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- 1st Fill Spanish Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Singular - Fine & Rare Whiskies
- Added on
- 08 Jan 2015 1:00 pm by holborndrinker
14 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
45 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Prometheus 26-year-old TGDC
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.18 points
- Obviously requires some time (1 minute per year minimum)))) to develop and gain full power
- Complex and interesting, tastes older than it is despite it is actually not a young one, I like th ebalance of sweetness and spices
Intense, nutty, sherry, hints of leather, spices, pepper, nutmeg, cloves
Oily, creamy, liquorice, subtle sweetness, fine oak wood, xmas spice, cinnamon, nutty again
Long and warm, stille spicy and little sweet
- The 26-year-old and 27-year-old in direct comparison: https://fosm.de/tasting-prometheus-26yo-vs-27yo/
Mild Sherrynoten and light smoke, a little fruit and orange, I think so too. Over time, he also changes without water. Very complex. A very interesting combination. Now chocolate is also added. And raisins.
Mock and chocolate, vanilla and pepper. Mild smoke. A lot of power for the 47%. The dark fruits and oranges are also noticeable. A little reminds me of the marmalade.
Long mellow finish, fruity, little oak especially for 26 years, light nut notes
- This is definitely NOT a distillery bottling, as this Glasgow distiller doesnt exist 5 years yet and this whisky is 26 years old. Casks bought/given somewhere else and bottled. As are the next 3 bottlings: this is the first in a series of four (26, 27, 28, 29 yo)
- Excellent whisky with one serious drawback. Full review is here: http://whiskygospel.com/2015/03/23/whisky-review-tasting-notes-prometheus-26yo/
- My review can be found here:
- I had to downgrade the presentation because I have not yet seen exactly how the bottle and presentation box will look.