- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Château Cissac Wine Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 Dec 2014 2:27 pm by RoyC
8 × in wishlist
85 × member ratings
173 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2006 - Château Cissac
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.96 points
- Flavor has bright notes of fresh berries, currants, apples, cinnamon, spices (curry). Flavor and taste has sour calvados notes. Taste is reach and sweet with notes of berries, currants, dried fruits, oak. Finish is very stable and long.
- after the fact, we feel in the empty glass the cereals (and we can almost smell toasted bread if we feel it at a sufficient distance after the tasting)
sweet, very cereal, I feel mainly malt that spring
always light, at first, the malt is felt and soon gives way to a side very nice grilled wood.
Back touches are lightly fruity can be like dried or cooked fruits. In the long run, a smoked side (almost tobacco) comes to us.
With a little water, we would smell vanilla and spices, but anesthetize the other flavors present.
Nice, malty but far too short.
- Marketing completely next to the plate, but blind it remains very good in the absolute!
We are sold for red berries and we are dealing with a single malt right and right.
Enthusiasm 3/5 Whisky n ° 1531
Peat and bacon balance nicely with more malty notes. A fruity hard enough to understand is underlying
Where are the notes of red wine advertised on the box? If not in the roundness that I perceive? A roundness that complements the aromas perceived in the nose, and gives balance to this dram which I perceive the relative youth. But it works well
Rather short, with an empty cereal glass.
- malt, a lot of spices, oak, some traces of vanilla, and it takes some time until the Grapes, the dark fruits from the cissac casks open up and make this dram a really fine experience. this benromach does reward patience after opening. finish a little short but still - we liked it!
- Not worth the cost.
Wine influenced nose with some sherry tones. Leather, hay and sugarcane
Light and thin, lots of tannins, licorice, peppery and harsh
Rather short and unpleasant, with a sweet tannins finale
Underlay with musky and warm oat. Apparent winery characters of raisin,
brandy liqueur and fresh leather. Light peat linger in the middle and
airy light cocoa. Complex and full of potential but to smoothen certain
Taste:- Light body
and frizzy, crisp and prickly. Mouth filled tannin and layers with soft
smoke make the bold presents. Hints of under ripe berries, drying out.
Chewy but towards harsh.
Finish:- Smooth, medium length. Hot and peppery mouth coating. Lightly hollow and spirity. Lack depth. Raw.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur
- Water amplifies this one magnificiently
Sweet iced tea, lemon tang. bubble gum?!? Very slight hint of chocolate. Bacon, daisies, toffee, hint of smoke.
Lemon cherry. A little ginger. Bear... that's not a typo :-)