- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sauternes Cask Finish
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sauternes Wine Barrels Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Nov 2014 4:02 pm by z-imaging
34 × in wishlist
267 × member ratings
804 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 12-year-old
49 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.64 points
- A different Glendronach than your ‘average’ oloroso and px versions. The sauternes influence is recognizable true the dried apricot, yellow raisins and tinned peach aromas. Also some marzipan sweetness mixed with sour yellow berries. The nose is quite full, taste could benefit from a higher abv and the finish is decent.
- I can't tell right away that it was in a wine barrel.
I can't say how long either.
It smells pleasant, especially with nice wood aromas.
Somewhat sweet, sour-spicy.
The spicy note predominates.
Bitter wood, a hint of vanilla.
It's quite neat, but which barrel it was from, I couldn't have eyes ...
- Glendronach signature on the nose, but also a little sour and slightly sweet from the wine, Galia melon comes to mind first. In the taste more wine forward, on the back of the tongue also nice and buttery. Finish is sweet, slightly dry, a little sour and pepper.
- Very sweet and creamy. Alcohol is not noticeable. But has we all Sauternes maturation for me a perfumed Soapy touch. But then luckily after 2-3 sips away.
- Great whisky, one of the sweeter drams, although not typical sherry one. I would say the Revival used to be a bit better, but this one is also very good.
Sweetness, some sherry notes. Pretty solid on the nose.
Fruit, nicely wine-influenced, some sherry-like notes. Taste is fine, just enough heavy, solid and intense. Spices. Delicate in the mouth.
More rough, woody, not as dry as in Virgin Oak 14y. Medium longevity.
Fruits, vanilla, sugar.
Fruit, peach, vanilla, caramel, banana.
Caramel, peach, vanilla.
- The Sauternes taste is pleasantly and not overly integrated.
Honey, citruses, vanilla, herbals, apple compote and spicy oak.
Fruits, spicy oak, marzipan, milk chocolate and dessert wines.
Medium length, spicy.