- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sauternes Cask Finish
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sauternes Wine Barrels Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Nov 2014 4:02 pm by z-imaging
39 × in wishlist
245 × member ratings
762 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 12-year-old
47 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.69 points
- Glendronach signature on the nose, but also a little sour and slightly sweet from the wine, Galia melon comes to mind first. In the taste more wine forward, on the back of the tongue also nice and buttery. Finish is sweet, slightly dry, a little sour and pepper.
- Very sweet and creamy. Alcohol is not noticeable. But has we all Sauternes maturation for me a perfumed Soapy touch. But then luckily after 2-3 sips away.
- Great whisky, one of the sweeter drams, although not typical sherry one. I would say the Revival used to be a bit better, but this one is also very good.
Sweetness, some sherry notes. Pretty solid on the nose.
Fruit, nicely wine-influenced, some sherry-like notes. Taste is fine, just enough heavy, solid and intense. Spices. Delicate in the mouth.
More rough, woody, not as dry as in Virgin Oak 14y. Medium longevity.
Fruits, vanilla, sugar.
Fruit, peach, vanilla, caramel, banana.
Caramel, peach, vanilla.
- The Sauternes taste is pleasantly and not overly integrated.
Honey, citruses, vanilla, herbals, apple compote and spicy oak.
Fruits, spicy oak, marzipan, milk chocolate and dessert wines.
Medium length, spicy.
- Jim Murray has awarded 93.5 points to the 12 Year Old Sauternes. "Superb!"
- White plum, peach, pear, lemon peel, melon, apricot jam, butter, honey, cider, bun, lollipop, green tea, sawdust, vegetable oil. Slightly prickly and lacking balance. I also clearly felt the aroma of white wine from Chardonnay (or even champagne)!