- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Sherry Oak from Spain
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Whisky Maker
- Bottle code
- L0041S L4 12/02
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2014 10:33 pm by wuenne
6 × in wishlist
62 × member ratings
232 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 18-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.30 points
- This was the first bottle of whisky over $100 USD that I've ever purchased (year 2012) and I still remember tasting it like it was yesterday. An absolutely classic, and a bottle that I've recommended to a number of people as something they should try as they begin their journey through the whisky world. Back when I first started drinking, this was the perfect ABV. Nowadays, I wish this was closer to 50%.
- The HP18, a delicious, complex and very good malt;
[Color] dark copper;
Bouquet of sherry, caramel, honey, vanilla, malt, little smoke and oak;
full-bodied onion with caramel, honey, toffee, milk chocolate, sherry, delicate smoke and spice, complex;
medium-length, soft finish; Toffee sounds like;
- First of all: Now you get it for less than 100EUR and that's where it belongs. A wonderful standard that should not be missing in any shelf. In my early days he had completely blown me away. But today I realize that he can not get over 90 anymore. But still, house whisky.
Sweet oak, light smoke, sweet nuts and very fruity with oranges and peaches he sets off. It takes time and only makes it better. Balanced and sweet, it promises bananas and mild honey in the nose.
Salty sweet malt with caramel and brown sugar. Very good mouthfeel with a supple oily body at a high level makes him play the muscles. Is it almonds or hazelnuts is not clear but the interaction of everything makes the experience! Well done.
Rather long and wonderfully complex. Unexpectedly sweet, the oak remains on the palate without becoming woody or bitter. Class finish. Very warm and smooth he slides off the stage! There comes joy. Refill is announced.
- Not for everyday, because one should not waste it. But outstanding stuff.
- Contributed from September 2015 Do not understand the hype about the whisky, maybe you have to drink more of it to find it good ... I could not have blindly distinguished it from a standard 12-year-old smoker. 82/100
Strong campfire smoke + slightly phenolic (much smoother than the 12 yo), lemon peels, salty, after a few minutes malty, minty, sherry gets through, raisins
sweet, smoky, later fruity, lemon, salt
Salty, oak, honey, lemon
- Tasted at WTF2017 - August 2017
remains a classic
- I have a new bottle with the code L0099Y 08:03 22:20. I chose this bottle in the database because of the
- Really no punch - that is not typical for HP
Oaky, little leathery, nutty, hints of honey dew - actually pretty typical HP profile
Smooth, sweet, little fruity, blossom water