- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Foggie Moss
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Refill Hogheads
- Batch 00107
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- 8146100410 Front / 8146100420 Back
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail Exclusive
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2014 7:43 pm by sinclair
9 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
107 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aultmore 21-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.69 points
- Young nose, spicy / sweet taste and bitter finish. Billowy. Price is not too friendly too, however, it's an interesting drink.
Fresh and floral. Vanilla, honey, citruses, oak and yellow fruits. Touch of grass.
Powerful and oily. Big oak with vanilla. Spices: pepper, ginger and nutmeg. Mixed fruit jam and citruses.
Medium length, bittersweet.
- Solid, well made and balanced, the Aultmore 21 year old is probably not going to win any awards for complexity, but is entirely pleasant nonethless. It's also fairly expensive, clocking at at £175 at an airport near you. At that price, unfortunately I really can't recommend it as a bottle purchase - however, if you get a chance to try a dram somewhere it's certainly worth 20 minutes of your time.
Full tasting notes: https://www.thedramble.com/tastings/aultmore/aultmore-21-year-old/
N: Classic Speyside nose with good oak showing. Its a fruity/jammy nose with earthy/plant notes.
T: Fruity and jammy just as on the nose which has a good balance turning to a grain led finish
F: Wonderful 'heart of the kernel' stuff with a waxy, fresh finish.
C: Excellently integrated and open but i struggle to justify its £120 price tag [Mar ’15]
Scores a B
- I like the nose, but the palate is a little thin to my taste. The finish is too bitter. I would have expected more depth in a 21 yo whisky.
Unexpectedly fresh and grassy for a 21 year old. Lemon curd. A bit honey. Lavender and heather. Flowery notes of freesias as well.
Toasted oak with a peppery punch. Followed by vanilla and ginger. Cedar wood at the background. The influence of the bourbon casks is clear, but it lacks character in my view..
Not that long. A lot of bitterness. Stuffed peppers and nutmeg. Liquorice
- The Aultmore 21 is, sadly, a boring whisky, paling near the 12 year old....
My full review is on:
- It's a great whisky and it features a deep dark honey note that I dig. Full review is here: http://whiskygospel.com/2015/01/13/whisky-review-aultmore-21-year-old/