- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Spanish Sherry European Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 56.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 27 Oct 2007 2:46 pm
158 × in wishlist
462 × member ratings
659 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 21-year-old
44 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.08 points
- Bottles # 1145, # 3376 and # 3428 sold empty at ebay.
- Not the most complex Lagavulin, but the sherry with peat and the creamy milk chocolate is amazing! 93/94.
Peat and smoke, camphor, herbals, burned tire, sherry, forest fruits, antique leather and kerosene.
Powerful. Big sherry and peat. Very creamy milk chocolate. Honey and mixed fruit jam. Earth.
Long, peaty, sweet.
- Yum, fine peat, complex with smoke, fruits (citrus fruits), chocolate, coffee ... one slap this Lagavulin and I tend the other cheek with pleasure.
- [October, 2016] I had this dram during a "Lagavulin Bicentenary" tasting at Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5. My notes state without the unpleasant and significant sulphury flavours this would be a delicious dram that I most probably would have scored 90+ points. But sorry folks, sulphur is simply a "no go" for my tastebuds...
Black pepper burdock, bacon, peat, violet, ink, iodine, seaweed, lemon juice, sea bream, sea breeze, citrus, fondant, honey, malt, oily.
Peat, slag, soot, coal ash, fire, oily wrap, pepper, roasted, floral, soap, oak slag, 100% black without acid, fat.
Long-lasting, peat, oak slag, black and delicate bitterness.
- Unvelievable creaminess, complexity and balance - fantastic!
Tobacco, condensed milk, hints of leather, peat and bonfire, toffee, chocolate, sherry wood, meaty, pork sausage, bacon, medicinal iodine, sea weed, soy sauce - very good!
Punchy, very, very creamy, mellow, thick, good sweetness, milk chocolate, more peat and bonfire, little fruity, tobacco, spices, nuts, nutmeg - great!
Long, warm, still creamy
- Everything you would expect from a Lagavulin.
If there is any whisky that comes close to perfection for me - this is it.
Cherry, rose hip, leather, peat, caramel, plum, apricot jam, honey and sulphur.
Plum, dried apricot, leather, peat, candied cherry, rose hip, caramel and apple.
Peat, dried apricot, plum, milk chocolate and orange
- The taste is a bit one-dimensional to me, overall it is a beast to enjoy!
Strong peat mixed with huge smoke. You can feel the thickness in front of your noses. Extremely dirty, tyres, BBQ smoke, plastic, maybe some sulphur
Fresh grapes, BBQ marinades, still strong peat.
Medium and dry, some metallic aftertastes, oysters, more chocolate spices.