- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- pure and rich
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 17 Nov 2014 6:44 pm by krillobarillo
27 × member ratings
103 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka All Malt
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.00 points
- This is an interesting variant of whisky production. This whisky consist of Yoichi malt whiskies and Miyagikyou malt whiskies, part of them are made using Coffey Still. And result is a very good. Nikka All Malt is a sweet, smooth, easy drinking whisky. It has dried fruits, chocolate, furniture polish notes on a nose. The palate is a smooth, sweet with dried fruits, prune and chocolate notes. The finish is an enough long with spices, chocolate and dried fruits notes.
- a Japanese blend for those who have not tasted, it's simple, tasteless, it's not disgusting, but it does not break 3 legs! good for a starter!
spices, malt, caramel and almond paste, typical of a mix of seeds for me! alcoholic return
almond, a scent of mirabelle quickly erased by white grapes and pear, it's sweet, creamy, but also spicy, too much to feel fully, it's drowned in the mouth
short, monolithic, it "stings"!
- N- Milky and full on a layer of sulphur, earthy peat, nail polish. Brown sugar and wood branches emerge after breathing time.
P- Fat with trace of soapy. As like most PM, lightly hollow in the middle. Interesting spicy and peppery backnote.
F- Rather short, with peppery and dried fruits interplay.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- this is a very good example why the
Japanese whisky hype has gone too far, this is nothing but an overpriced basic
malt and/or grain blend
fresh grassy malt, slight musk, sharp
grain, wood sweetness, bread
citrus, sweet malt (generic), red wood,
alcohol, malt, orange peel
- Would make a great introduction to a malt sceptic.
Tasted together with the Nikka Pure Malt, and I prefer this as it lacks the grain spirit feeling of the Pure Malt. Still, a lower score as there is less of everything.
Very closed, almost like a dilluted blend, not revealing much
maybe a faint hint of green apples
Initial taste confirms the dilluted blend feel of the nose, taste like I added too much water and I added none...
No texture, extremly fluent
Slight sweety maltyness
If there is a finish it is the vague malt and some spice, but very short.