10 × in wishlist
50 × member ratings
157 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Nàdurra
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- Nose: slight note of glue, vanilla, tart oak spiciness with delicate tart notes, butter, toffee, caramel, apples, all very clean and clear Taste: without water gentle alcohol, no burning, strong fresh pleasant oak, sweet and sour, oily mouth feeling increasingly dry, then spreads vanilla, warm spicy intense, concentrated, white pepper, finish is long and complex Conclusion: delicious - just after 16 years from the fresh barrel brought and not dirty, no color, no water, no filters ..
- The smell is almost archetypal for a firstfill bourbon ripening and miraculously shows that no sherry casks are needed for intense aromas. This impression continues in the mouth and finish, supplemented by strong oak. A wonderful whisky, which shows what is possible even without Weinreifung. I love him for that. The whisky is good for a few drops of water.
green and yellow apple, lots of vanilla, sweet and sour, lemon, cut grass, white wine cream, lemon ice cream
Sharp start, the alcohol is noticeable, the notes from the nose are repeated, sweet and sour fruit and vanilla, but now comes neat spicy oak
In the finish, the oak becomes even more powerful, the sweet fruits have to give way to the soft, only a light acid can prevail against the oak and mix with the bitter bitter notes from the wood.
- Compared to the 0814D, this one might be a little less fresh because I detect no green fruits. Quite as good, though.
Banana, just like the 0814D, then strong vanilla and butterscotch. Bourbon maturation if ever there was one. Honey, hay, some mint, hints of ripe red fruit and cinnamon
Honey-dipped banana, vanilla, butterscotch, red fruit and some spiciness.
Medium long and somewhat drying. The banana, pineapple, melon and other yellow fruit slowly die on your tongue, hints of red fruit and cinnamon die along with it. Some maltiness comes up and faints. Eventually the vanilla comes peeking and slowly distance itself again. Brilliant!
- bottled got a lot better when opened for a year (or more)
needed water in the beginning, didnt need water any more when opened for quite a time
- Does not need water for me. The alcohol binds perfectly. I like very much very complex complex. PLV (80 €, 2017/06) is fine.
sweet intense pear, coconut, vanilla, caramel
sweet, fruity, pepper
medium, milk chocolate, sweetness, caramel, wood without being bitter
- Not nearly as complex as some of the early batches, but the quality of each note is excellent! Clover honey, and cinnamon are highlighted here on the entry...powdered cocoa on the finish, fruits and florals in the middle...succulent, sweet, spicy, juicy, Earthy...basic, but delightful nonetheless. Recommended!
A solid 80 points