[March, 2001] I had this dram during an Islay charity tasting at Rheinhotel Dreesen.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 87,5. Unfortunately no detailed notes were taken.
But I noted the results of the charity auction:
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/11079/bowmore-1976-ud = 610 DM (305 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/16877/bruichladdich-15-year-old = 270 DM (135 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/11192/caol-ila-1966-gm = 540 DM (270 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/8341/bowmore-1964-black = 2900 DM (1450 Euros, no one placed a bid at the mininum price of 2900 DM during the first auction round - in a second round with a reduced starting bid it was hammered at this price)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/6201/killyloch-1972-sv = 3500 DM (1750 Euros, no one placed a bid at the mininum price of 2900 DM during the first auction round - in a second round with a reduced starting bid it was hammered at this price)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/7342/ardbeg-1967-sv = 560 DM (280 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/20157/macallan-195859 = 560 DM (280 Euros)
- a Macallan distilled 17.10.1988, bottled 22.12.2000 port finish for 400 days in a port quarter cask by Werner Hertwig, Berlin, bottle no. 3 of 30 = 140 DM (70 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/23694/glen-grant-1965-sv = 670 DM (335 Euros)
- https://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/8203/laphroaig-1966-sv = 710 DM (355 Euros)
The final result of this auction (10.650 Deutschmark or 5.325 Euros) was donated to charity projects on Islay.