- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso Sherry and Bourbon Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Our Signature Malt
- Added on
- 20 Jan 2009 12:00 pm
3 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
288 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 12-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.24 points
Fruity, fresh, light and flowery
What indicates in the nose continues in the mouth - mild, supple and not sweet. Alcoholic note, which disappears when adding water and decreasing bottle level.
Fruity finish that fades quite fast
- Nice starting dram, the one to offer after dinner, not complex and not "masculine". My first Glenfiddich.
Oak, medium oak, medicinal, something between green apple and pear (green pear too, not the yellow...)
Sweet, vanilla, a hint of brown sugar, nice but very soft (for a long time drinkers like you folks)
The Green Apple/Green Pear remains for a while, sweet.
- Matured for a minimum of twelve years in oak barrels. Glenfiddich is the only Highland whisky distilled, matured and bottled at its own distillery. Colour: light golden yellow. Scent: fresh and fruity with a hint of pear. Taste: rich fruit flavors, pine and a hint of peat. Bearing: at least 12 years in traditional oak bourbon barrels and sherry casks
Green apple, ripe pear, buttered honey, malted grain in the background timber and almonds with hints of soft vanilla
Soft and slightly bitter opening of roasted nuts, almonds, pear and a hint of clove which are followed by sweet ingredients like honey, vanilla, apple juice with hints of nutmeg. Light and elegant flavors.
Green apple with hints of spices, not very long duration
- Aged for 12 years in American and European Oak casks.
- A comfortable, widely known malt.