- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Nov 2014 6:28 pm by RL_whisky
39 × in wishlist
108 × member ratings
472 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hakushu 18-year-old
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.15 points
- The Hakushu 18 tastes like the grass from the lawnmower. Even worse is the 12er. Only the 25er is good, but with over 1500 no bargain. Afterwards, I gave away the last 18er, which I opened up, half-full. Shall drink, who wants, I do not do that to me. On Neudeutsch: You drink that, I support you, I find good. You drink, not me! Schmekke like salad of wet grass.
- Blind tasted during ProefOlympics 2018
Peach, honey, melon, apple, lemon, creme brulee and mint.
Apple, peach, melon, creme brulee, honey, mint, cereals, lemon and licorice.
Long, lemon peel, peach, melon, apricot, creme brulee
- The nose is really good initially, but in contrary to most single malts this one gets less interesting by the minute. 84/85.
Malt, peach, apple, cherry, lemon, smoke, caramel, honey and grass.
Peach, smoke, caramel, lemon, honey, grass and tobacco.
Caramel, smoke, ash and a nuttiness.
- I liked it a lot, there seems to be a good corner above average, good batch vllt?
Great thing, you notice the typical Japanese grassy, soft, slightly wet meadows, a bit of coast and salt, but also clearly sherry influence with red apple and some perfumed in the nose, berry bushes in the grass and fresh raspberries, toffee
Class of the mixture, wild berries, orange oil, full of red apple with shell, very deep, cinnamon, pebbles, the grassy is of course still one of the main notes, honey, toffee and vanilla, some coastal air here
Pretty long, the grassy remains, dry with the apple peel, light salt, a few tannins and cinnamon
- This Whisky was sold for 230€ at Whisky Auction (September 2017).
- Hakushu 18 is a very pleasant whisky and slightly more refined than the 12, but I had difficulties justifying the price difference between them on the quality of the whisky alone. (bought it back in 2012 when the price difference was about 40 euros)
The current price for this bottle is an utter absurdity.