- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Indian ducks and their allies
- Stated Age
- 23 years old
- Number of bottles
- 47.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Joint bottling with Whisky-Fässle
- Added on
- 05 Nov 2014 1:25 pm by Bachess
6 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
45 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Auchentoshan 1990 Arc
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.42 points
- bit of a strange one.... unsteady in the nose, some off notes in the mouth, doesnt go away with water, but brings out a coffee note....definitely interesting, but not an easy one and definitely not one I would buy...
Marzipan, surimi, coconut and grain cookie.
Malty and fruity, but also that strange fishy salty note that I can only describe as surimi sticks. Blood orange and later vanilla cookie. With water some dough.
Coconut cookie, vanilla and apple.
Light, delicate, fruity (oranges, pears, pineapple)
Sweet, creamy, vanilla, fruity (grapefruit)
Rather short, fruity, herbs, peppery
- Not my cup of tea. All the nice flavours are very shy and overwhelmed by a bitter and plastic flavour.
Crème brulee, liquorice, grass, tinned fruits. It's all whispering.
Quite oily, grass, some off notes (plastic?) it seems. Some liquorice. It's quite bitter and reminds me a bit of Irish malts... not my favorites.
Medium and quite bitter.
- easy to drink, just the right intensity although not too complex.
sample with the compliments of WB shop. Thanx guys
lots of fruit & black peper
Spicy, liquorice, very nice smooth taste
taste keeps hanging in, not too long though