- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Barrel
- Heavily Charred New Oak Barrels
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2014 10:07 pm by Daytona955
3 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Koval Four Grain
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.67 points
- So somehow it has such disturbing artificial citrus notes. Pretty fresh. The Four Grain shows a bit more spiciness and is more intense than the Millet. Overall but not my thing.
- For such a young distillery – who obviously only have young stuff to put out there – they certainly have some very nice products. Koval is one to keep an eye one.
Oh, my! This nose is something else. Very fruity and sweet on banana cake, chocolate, freshly polished leather and toast that has not yet been toasted (you know what I mean, right?). Surprisingly creamy but dry at the same time. A lot of woodsmoke and even some ashes. How lovely.
I would have loved a little more body, but taste-wise this is quite something. Gingerbread, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and a good dose of nutmeg precede the citrus fruit. No trace of the banana on the palate, but all the more oranges. Some quinine. The wood starts to whisper.
The finish is very long and spicy, almost piquant.
- With a few drops of water she opens very nicely, with a fruit bouquet and sweets.
Musty sawmill air, liquorice, vanilla, eucalyptus, grass, honey, melon, banana, pear, green apples, heather flowers and mandarins.
Barley, rye, corn, cereal, vanilla, honey, hazelnut, cinnamon, oak, licorice, melon, pear, apples and lemon peel.
Short to mid-long, lots of grains, honey, cinnamon, hazelnut, oak, licorice, pear, green apples and lemon peel.
- Fantastic whiskey.
- muffled flavors, too “dirty” for my taste, has a lot going on, but nothing worth noticing