- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Mellowed in Chardonnay Barrels
- Chardonnay Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Nov 2014 12:46 pm by singlemalt-Danny
one in wishlist
23 × member ratings
51 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Moray Chardonnay
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.05 points
- Good whisky for asparagus
- Mellowed in Chardonnay barrels!
N: Yeasty funk
T: A Rampur-like funk yet softer with a note of plimsoles most vivid.
F: Rough & rubbery - Rampur meets Edradour.
C: Not a finish for my taste.Scores a D[-]
- [April, 2000] I had this dram during a "Taste the difference" tasting at
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 82,5
points. My notes state an "interesting" (if you are not sure if it is good or bad simply call it "interesting") very fresh profile with a significant white wine taste. Back in 2000 this was an unusual bottling (nowadays these wine finishes are quite common) as was the NAS (no age statement). It was said this whisky matured for around 8 years in bourbon casks and after that it was enhanced for two months in a chardonnay white wine cask.