33 × in wishlist
242 × member ratings
772 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 2003
50 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- The Talisker Distillers Edition - also this year a very good single malt at a fair price!
little smoke, dark berries, a lot of sherry;
oily, elegant, oranges, caramel, sherry aromas, pepper, round and complex;
very long, constantly warming, oily, buttery, in the end cocoa, vanilla;
- The sherry maturation really suits the Talisker spirit wonderfully. Almost reminiscent of a good Glenfarclas, but the intense pepper and saltiness still makes it uniquely Talisker. A triumph.
A classic Talisker maritime nose with plenty of peat, but more tangy and less briny than the 10 year old. A pleasant note of fresh fruit; plums, cherries, and a hint of banana.
Very intense arrival with bitter oranges, raisins and intense peppery spiciness. The bitterness fades in the development leaving room for notes of candied orange peel, pineapple and a little honey.
Long and warming with the trademark Talisker pepper and saltiness combining wonderfullly with the sweet and slightly bitter orange notes from the sherry casks. In the end the peat leaves a light grassy aftertaste.
- Way too much wood. Lacks aroma, complexity & the overall quality of earlier expression (I mean: way earlier ;-).
Plus, the wood and the spirit doesn't blend very well.
Overall rather poor.
Talisker DEs from the 90s were offering decent quality for a decent price. Worth sipping on some random, average occasions. This doesn't give me any reason to miss-abuse alcohol. Wouldn't recommend it, won't buy it anymore (lesson learned) and won't finish the bottle.
Feels rather generous to give it an 80. But I at least try to be objective, here..
- Creosote, sea salt, dried fruits, dates, dust, furniture polish, cream and honey notes on nose.
Creosote, spices, dried fruits, dust, oak cask, pepper notes on palate.
Spices, vanilla, oak cask, dried fruits snd spicy notes on long finish.
This Talisker has a good balance between peated smoke and sweetness.
- Very good on the nose, quite soft on the palate - for a Talisker
Intense, complex, sea breeze, nutty, honeydew, oak wood, hints of smoke and tobacco - very good
Little punchy, oily, subtle sweetness, some fruitiness, nutty again, fine oak wood, little salty
Medium long, warm, unfortunately no more smoke