- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Fine & Rare Scotch Whisky
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 830 ml
- Added on
- 20 Oct 2014 1:47 pm by edradour51
one in wishlist
2 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Grand Old Parr Elizabethan
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.00 points
- Old style sherry, sweet spices, tobacco, orange, oak, bit of obe, very nice
- Very balanced and drinkable, not tired at all, probably really on top of all the Grand Old Parr that are mostly disappointing and that I just tried because I started with some miniatures that were really not bad - probably there was some from this one in there... - very good!
Nutty, little toffee, hints of acacia honey, fine notes of sherry wood, whiffs of old books, spices, little pepper and nutmeg, cinnamon, hints of tobacco, little cooked oranges, little apple mash, milk chocolate, whiffs of black tea and little OBE? - very good!
Very oily, creamy, little punchy, subtle sweetness, little cooked oranges, apple, jam, fine sherry wood, spices, little nutty, tobacco, toffee, little honey, little teaish notes, probably OBE - great!
Medium long, warm, more spicy, little herbal, more teaish notes, not drying
- A unique hand blown decanter with intricate Elizabethan lace weaving capped and framed with English pewter. Because each is handmade in the original manner every bottle is unique. Each bears on its four faces, authentic portraits of Old Parr himself and three of the ten monarchs under whom he lived his prodigious life, it comes boxed with an accompanying booklet.