Kilchoman 2006

Bottled for
20th Anniversary of Whisk(e)y Shop Tara
19 Oct 2014 3:13 pm by Poppi

Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2006

6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.12 points

1. Segens scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur

The finish is the best as it is really long, incredible sweet and very intense! Nevertheless the glue influence is not completely my style. I expected a bit more for 8 years and Kilchoman as well as for almost 100€ the bottle.
      pepper, peat, glue, honey,
    • Taste
      fruity (apple/pear) a bit of spice due to the alcohol. But still having a bit of the glue influence :-)
      very long and very nice bourbon finish. Lovely!

2. blondiehb did not rate this whisky Expert Junior

Really delicious, but for me as so often with Kilchoman too expensive.
      Peat, toffee? Sweetness, malt, vanilla, very pleasant nose.
    • Taste
      Dry, the alcohol burns (at 58.4% but no wonder), rather little smoky / peat, sweet, malty
      quite long and warming, It comes through a spiciness, which I have not noticed on the tongue.

3. Greenkeeper scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

I don't want to citicise. Every tasting note here should be respected, and no one should jusitify their notes. A friend of mine and me, were are totally criss-cross about Littlemill, for example, but we both respect each other highly. Saying that, I beg your pardon, I just want to learn and I want to understand - and of course, I'm a little curious. So please let me know with a little more words why this expression should get lower than 80. Thanks. I gave it a 89 and Roman described very well why.

It is a perfectly balanced ex-bourbon-cask Kilchoman with everything Kilchoman is famous for plus a hint of oak and "age" and a little more depth, which other already good Kilchomans would be glad to have.

4. FernetBranco scored this whisky 73 points Connoisseur

5. fradin11 scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

6. Roman scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

Kilchoman 8yo - really great stuff. Its a perfect balanced Bourbon cask Kilchoman