- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- #4 Charred American White Oak Barrel
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 13 Oct 2014 3:17 pm by Hans-Ludwig
0 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Koval Single Barrel - Bourbon
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.48 points
- Good quality, but you've got to like millet...
- Maybe not super complex or challenging an any way, but overall very tasty. Nice, easy sipper that'll fit almost any occasion.
Tasting note for barrel #XO4W02
Super-charged vanilla, but also stone fruits like peach and nectarine. Finally some dried apricots. Quite sweet, concentrated and syrup-y.
Sweet and dry, with plenty of tannins. There's some icing sugar, marshmallow and maple syrup, as well as plenty of oak. A nice subtle spiciness too, some chili and ginger.
Sweet and medium in length.
- Apart from the sharp bite on the palate this is quite boring and unbalanced. It has no depth of flavour or balance and it seems to me that, although a promising spirit, it need quite some more time in the cask. Again not my cup of tea.
All in all dull and nippy
A very subtle, sweet and dull whiskey with aromas of vanilla, honey, new make spirit, alcohol, floral tones, hint of spices, hint of oak, maple syrup and subtle solvent tones (glue, acetone).
A sweet, dry and sharp whiskey with aromas of tannins, oak, chili, icing sugar, new make spirit, alcohol, hint of spices, earthy tones, vanilla, ginger and maple syrup.
A medium and slightly drying finish with aromas of oak, pepper, chili, tannins, ginger and a hint of vanilla.