- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- New Label
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 20 Dec 2008 5:50 pm
16 × in wishlist
226 × member ratings
521 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old
35 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.15 points
- My rating is such high because it is one of my favorite daily drams. It's very salty, maritim and has a breeze of the sea. When drinking with closed eyes I feel I'm at a sea port and can smell the salty sea. I can almost feel the seaweed. Self-evident that I also like Sushi...
- A young and slightly watery sea lap flavored with a good portion of dried fruits.
Restrained, moist, tart oak notes, green grass, wood dust, dirty raisins and dried apricots, a little sea brackish shades, rosin.
Slightly watery, sweet-oak, peppery, dried fruits, dried apricots, raisins, light industrial notes.
Spicy, warming, a little mineral-metallic notes, a little sweet dirty raisins and dried apricots, peppers, orange confiture, a little salt and vegetable shades.
- One of the most maritim whiskys in my mind
Salty, seaweed, nutty, toffee
Pure seabreeze, salty, maritim
Medium short and again the sea
- A whisky that clearly does not benefit from the prevailing industry standard bottling features at that time. Smells and tastes ok, but also very thin. Furthermore too short of a finish.
The current natural 46+% bottling is a very big improvement over this.
- Full of substance, deep, rich, complex, sophisticated - all convinced me to catch a liking of that fine spirit immediately, - a true firecracker of flavours.
Belgian patisserie, dried banana chips, jam filling, honeyed malt, tropical fruits, dried fruit, dewberry, red raspberry, sea breeze, marzipan, sweet sherry, little smoke, caramel and nougat bar.
Harmonious, silky-soft smoothness. Light-bodied. Chocolates, cinnamon powder, cocoa, oatmeal cookies, raisins, figs, caramel candies, small trail of Pedro Ximenez/Oloroso?, salty almond, lemon juice.
Pleasantly lingering aftertaste. Very light, delicately flavoured and skilfully balanced. Subdued citrus fruit, wild honey, cashew nuts, dried apricots.
- Good, rather dessert whisky, a little watery, lacking in body, from this it loses a little.
Iodine, salt, some industrial notes. Further, dried fruits rise in the glass: raisins, prunes, dried apricots, a little sour fresh berries. Perhaps it is a dogwood.
Sweet, with a touch of salt and dried fruit, a little iodine, marine, industrial (as if you were walking on the sea under a diesel engine in wet weather). Unfortunately, a little watery, tumbling away rather quickly.
Slightly sweet, slightly salty and short.
- 40% version found at the end of March 2018 during a vacation in a small supermarket on Kefalonia and emptied within 2 days with my best friend.
Comparatively bright and grassy, with a light caramel note and lemon yoghurt. A touch of sultanas, as well as vanilla and marzipan. Finally a whiff of red apple parts.
A touch of smoke, but also loads of caramel accompanied by some subtle spices (cloves and pepper). Toasted almonds as well as peanut skins. Slightly tannic as well.
Lingering caramel, spices and oak.
- Tasted blind
Apricot, banana, pear, honey, raisins, chocolate, lemon, grapefruit, marmalade and sea salt.
Apple, banana, lemon, marzipan, honey, cinnamon, coffee, chocolate, raisins, apricot, hint of almonds and sea salt.
Medium, coffee, chocolate, lemon, raisins, apricot, honey, almonds and a hint of sea salt.