- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- New Label
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 20 Dec 2008 5:50 pm
15 × in wishlist
225 × member ratings
493 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old
34 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.11 points
- My rating is such high because it is one of my favorite daily drams. It's very salty, maritim and has a breeze of the sea. When drinking with closed eyes I feel I'm at a sea port and can smell the salty sea. I can almost feel the seaweed. Self-evident that I also like Sushi...
- A whisky that clearly does not benefit from the prevailing industry standard bottling features at that time. Smells and tastes ok, but also very thin. Furthermore too short of a finish.
The current natural 46+% bottling is a very big improvement over this.
- 40% version found at the end of March 2018 during a vacation in a small supermarket on Kefalonia and emptied within 2 days with my best friend.
Comparatively bright and grassy, with a light caramel note and lemon yoghurt. A touch of sultanas, as well as vanilla and marzipan. Finally a whiff of red apple parts.
A touch of smoke, but also loads of caramel accompanied by some subtle spices (cloves and pepper). Toasted almonds as well as peanut skins. Slightly tannic as well.
Lingering caramel, spices and oak.
- Tasted blind
Apricot, banana, pear, honey, raisins, chocolate, lemon, grapefruit, marmalade and sea salt.
Apple, banana, lemon, marzipan, honey, cinnamon, coffee, chocolate, raisins, apricot, hint of almonds and sea salt.
Medium, coffee, chocolate, lemon, raisins, apricot, honey, almonds and a hint of sea salt.
- A young and slightly watery sea lap flavored with a good portion of dried fruits.
Restrained, moist, tart oak notes, green grass, wood dust, dirty raisins and dried apricots, a little sea brackish shades, rosin.
Slightly watery, sweet-oak, peppery, dried fruits, dried apricots, raisins, light industrial notes.
Spicy, warming, a little mineral-metallic notes, a little sweet dirty raisins and dried apricots, peppers, orange confiture, a little salt and vegetable shades.
- Sherry without smoke Full and strong Sea air? Reminds me of Maltese
Nice mixture of salt, fresh citrus notes and nutty-malty tones. A touch of seaweed, spruce honey and apples. Later also nut cake and mint.
Soft and light with malt, kelp and salted nuts. Will be more maritime and slightly fruity.
Long, salted nuts.