- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Ichiro's Malt - For Sushi+Soul
- 1st Fill Bourbon Barrel
- 61.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Geisha label - Sushi+Soul Logo
- Bottled for
- Sushi+Soul, Munich
- Added on
- 12 Oct 2014 12:44 pm by Theli
24 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
33 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Chichibu 2009
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.82 points
- Outstanding taste, one of my all time favorites. Has an incredible dynamic in the taste
- Honey cereals citrus, very sweet also some stone fruits there and herbs quite a pleasant dram
- @maltaholic: Serge actually gave this whisky 87
- By Serge
Chichibu 2009/2014 (61.6%, OB, Japan, for Sushi + Soul Germany, first fill bourbon barrel, cask #609): 82 Punkte
- Very good whisky! Had fun drinking directly in the restaurant Sushi + Soul in Munich. Very good taste, lots of alcohol. The restaurant with the big, sensational whisky card I can highly recommend. Was already 3x extra because of the whisky card arrived. Same barrel as Shot Bar Zoetrope, Tokyo-Shinjuku (was already there). The owner gave me the numbers that exist. Unfortunately I have not noted the numbers - but Zoetrope about 78 and Sushi + Soul about 156 bottles _ 1/3 - 2/3. New German: The beirisch wisgi gut is drinke in munich nix in Birgarte, drink in Suschisoul restaurant, eat there fish well and crass dise.
- We are on the typical profile of the "new" young whiskys but, here, the bitterness of citrus peel does not go too much ...
Vanilla, very sweet on almond paste. Alcohol is present.
Spicy and more fruity on the peach and the love apple, we feel a lot of bitterness in the throat. Water makes it sweeter still (honey).
Average short on the bitterness of red grapefruit skin (very bitter for me).
- This Whisky was sold for 544 € at Whiskyauction in June 2015and for 755 € in Feb. 2015
- Single dram. Ichiro Akuto - Chichibu & Hanyu Tasting @ Dramfest. 2014 _ 02
spicy, woody, grainy, minty. (82)
oily, spicy, woody, vanilla, estery fruits. (86)
esters, oily, vanilla, bubblegum. (86)
- cask sharing with shot bar zoetrope, tokyo/japan