- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Chivas Brothers - Cask Strength Edition
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Batch GK 19 002
- 56.3 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 01 Oct 2014 7:48 am by glengarry
8 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
82 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Keith 1995
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.77 points
- Pleasant, refined, but tasty Glen Keith.
Floral. Fruits, citruses, coconut, marzipan and salted minerals.
Refined amd creamy. Matured fruits, honey, herbals, spices and Cointreau.
Long, spicy, sweet.
- Nose: Immediately fruity, a mix of ripe citrus notes, apricots and plums. Pretty closed and not very complex at first. So put some water in it! It opens quickly, has lots of coconut, marzipan, actually reminds me of the fruitiness that I find in a simple Ruby port. The longer the water is in my dram, the more wiry and mineral it becomes, losing something of its creamy sweet appearance.
Mouth: Strong, despite the water with alcoholic touch, but rather slim and not as sweet, as expected. The fruit is now in the background, but I have a lot of floral, honey, even with some soil and amazing herbal tonicity. Again some marzipan, light nuttiness, fine elegance.
Finish: Long, herbal-toned, but with some vanilla and minerality.
Conclusion: I have to say that at first glance I expected more from this whisky, and I especially missed the sweet fruitiness on the palate, which is more common in earlier Glen Keith vintages. Yet, this malt has wonderful qualities that remain a little hidden when approached too quickly and hastily. If you give it time in the glass and a few drops of water, then it shows a very elegant and fine malt. https://whiskycuse.wordpress.com/
- A really delicious and aromatic sherry whisky.
- Took a day to settle down, now a delight. Need to keep checking to see if it is as good as it seems!!
Vanilla, Hazel Nuts, Orange Zest, Marzipan.
Orange Liquer, Demarara Sugar, Creamy, Lemon Citrus.
Medium Long, Mild Pepper, Brown Sugar, Sultanas. Very Moreish
- Wonderful, after a day's rest to open up.
- Extra points because I start to taste red fruits in this whisky.