- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- SN 2014
- Bourbon and Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 55.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottled for
- Ardbeg Committee Exclusive
- Added on
- 17 Sep 2014 9:22 am by whisk-O-thek
101 × in wishlist
464 × member ratings
1732 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Supernova
40 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.51 points
- This is essentially a bottle of barely legal whisky. You can still taste the new make. Compared to 4 different Uigeadails (L8, L11, L12 and L66) this feels younger and very simple, and makes Octomores seem like champions of long maturation. I wouldn't trade two bottles of this for a bottle of Caol Ila 12yo.
In retrospect I think Ardbeg chose the name for this bottling very well. After all, a supernova happens when a star is close to dying...
- Don't know if it's the aeration or me (or both) but I enjoyed it much more than 2 years ago. The nose was great, subtle and complex and the mouth was intense and flavory.
Tasting notes from october 2016.
Peat smoke, ashes, coastal notes, various kind of nuts, hints of vanilla, lemon and pine resin.
Ardbeggian was my first thought. Ardbeg was my first crush whisky-wise. I started with the Ten 4 years ago and afterwards the Corrywreckan and Uigeadail. I feel like I just rediscovered what Ardbeg is or should be as I was quite disappointed with recent Ardbeg Day releases. Typical Ardbeg peat. Ashes, coastal notes, spices, lemon.
Long, smoky, ashy, citrusy.
- cant wait to diig in to this, happy to get this 60ml sample not eaven close to the 2015 bach
pent sweet, chilli,nectarine,small hint of vanilla
peaty, toffe bomb,ginger or maybe more like crysterlised ginger,idoine and sweet hint of vanilla
sweet finnish, hint of green Apple with out the souerness and some crysterlised ginger
Quite soft for such a strength. Smoke, peat, soot, floral motifs, ripe fruits, old furniture, cardboard dust, baked potatoes, creamy caramel. 22
Full-bodied, sweet, powerful. Black pepper and other spices, smoky peat wave, sweet fruits, creamy caramel, woody tannins, sea salt, phenolic motifs. 22
Long, smoky, phenolic, tannin, astringent, with a hint of iodine. 22
Powerful, tasty, albeit young smoker. The aroma does not promise much miracles at first, but the taste and finish are very good. Despite the strength, there is no desire to add water. Balance 22
- Fragrance: Smoke, rubber, bourbon extract dominates, floral-grassy notes, empty glass of woody notes.
Taste: Smoke, ash, spices, candy sweet, dry.
Aftertaste: sweetness, vanilla, lingering dryness, ashen
Overall rating 87