- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask for Whisky Import Nederland
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Cask
- Number of bottles
- 57.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Red Label
- Bottled for
- Whisky Import Nederland 11
- Added on
- 09 Sep 2014 9:49 pm by 404fred
3 × in wishlist
17 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2009
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.27 points
- Beautiful complex exciting in the mouth alternating game of cherry smoke and ripe fruit
Maritime, salty, peaty, ashy and earthy notes, but predominantly...leather!
With water: softer; more sherry influences now.
Neat: more of the same; ashes and leather at the foreground.
With water: Less ashy, but still peaty and leathery. As with the nose, more sherry influences.
Dry but long; ashes and leather lingering on.
- Fantastic Whisky: Smoky Sherry in cask strength.
- As far as I am concerned the best Kilchoman so far.
Clear kilchoman nose. Salt sea air, peat, earth. With a sherry smell
Wow! The beginning is clearly kilchoman. Earth, wood and salt, after which the sherry influences immediately. Forest fruits, blackberries, figs. Creamy and sweet.
Fruit, spices, pepper. Long and sweet Then again wood and peat
- We ( WIN) got just 168 bottles for Holland.
- A little of firestone on the nose which is not really bothering. A good taste which all make it a good dram, but in the finish a little to much of sulpher which made me decide to gave it 83 points. Would not buy this one, because I liked the 9th release and 10 release of WIN to much over this one.
- It appears that a third bottling was performed from this cask:
http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/58166/kilchoman-2009This makes me think that 618 is too high.
Three releases (at least?) have occurred with this sherry butt.300 for ImpEx (confirmed by ImpEx)150 for Kilchoman's Distillery Shop318 for Whisky Import Netherlands?768 bottles total.Corrections welcome.
2nd update: My attempted update to this entry to read 318 bottles was not accepted. Hmm, numbers don't seem to add up if WIN truly got 618 bottles. 1068 bottles in a butt, probably not... oh well
- i do not recognise the specific Kilchoman flavour in this whisky
- A shared cask with the Kilchoman shop exclusive, which took 150 bottles from the same cask at the same date. So the total outcome from the cask was 768 bottles.