- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Scottish Barley
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- P/141070 15/036
- Added on
- 08 Sep 2014 7:46 pm by CigarSurgeon
2 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
168 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 06.1 / 167
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.58 points
- Tasting with Ardbeg Corryvreckan, and the comparison did not go well for this Octomore. The smell is more closed and thinner. Likewise, in the taste and reverberation of the Ardbeg they only overstep themselves with their greater sourness and youthful alcoholic irreverence. When comparing price to compare, there is nothing to solve, this really is not.
- After a lot of smoke is also little.
- There you go, a mouth full of peat smoke and bonfire, pretty much Islay style, but then more of it... Please put it at the end of your line up!
- - Comes in abundance. Savoury smokes, cured meat and bacon. Attack
of petrol aroma with burn rubber and leather in the middle follow by
decay, muddy notes at the tail. Surprisingly round and well integrated
at the strength and depth.
P- Thick saline, mouth watering strength with heavily roasted malt, stout.
F- Long with a kick. Smooth, but immensely spicy with a return of creamy fruits. Salty tar. Masculine and warming.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.