- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Nikka
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Premium Blended Whisky
- Added on
- 27 Aug 2014 5:36 pm by very_bad_day
35 × in wishlist
140 × member ratings
755 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka 12-year-old
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.36 points
- Major Japanese whisky companies Suntory and Nikka have announced further cuts to their whisky ranges.For Nikka, this includes axing Nikka 12, one of the last budget-friendly aged Japanese whiskies
- Quite strange whisky. It's positioned as a premium one (the price and the package/bottle), however, the premium bottle content feels very young. You can feel rather sharp maltiness and the whisky itself is very flat, no complexity whatsoever. Maybe the cause of that is the grain part of the blend, I don't know. But otherwise the whisky is quite OK and the decanter is really beautiful. In any case this whisky is enormously overpriced and I don't know who can buy it unless you're going to invest in a nice decanter :)
Malt, honey, butter, green apple, hint of peanuts
Spicy, sweet, malt, dried fruits, caramel
Medium-long, warm, nutty
- One more Japanese whisky to be discontinued...
- Nice to drink. Here Nikka has managed a nice blend.
Slightly floral scent, vanilla, oak and spicy notes can be recognized.
Very soft, butter biscuit, hints of vanilla and apple, to the end slight pepperiness, coconut is to taste
Medium to long finish. Light sweetness, a hint of pepper, butter biscuit flavor remains on the tongue, a little oak
- Easy to drink, pleasant japanese blend. Although price is not the best.
Floral. Fruits, honey, malt, vanilla, caramel and citruses. Spicy oak.
Creamy. Fruits, honey, caramel and citruses. Coconut and spicy oak.
Medium, fruity, spicy.
- A very smoky nose, it's like being at the corner of the fireplace, warm. The flames crackle. Apricot jam, wet wool, vegetal notes. It's very deep. Ashes too. In the mouth, it is very warm, a little oily, woody, smoked, braised bread, nuts, black grapes, ripe apricot. Long finish, very balanced, which combines wood, lemon and smoke.
- A very nice modern blend, the price is absolutely ridiculous, would be a nice whiskey for 45-49 Euro ...
For 43% really beautiful power in the nose, apricot, fresh apple juice, a bit dusty dresser, light honey, some light malt and heather, toffee and vanilla, does not have much Japanese but makes you want to taste
Ui, very sour compared to the nose, grapefruit, lemon with peel, apricot precarious, the dusty dresser again, linen sacks, light honey with lavender and fennel, some hops, red and green apple
Apple peel, young oak, malt, a little hay, dry and malty with the apple, medium-long
- On the nose, vanilla, undifferentiated mixed fruits, a little spice
On the palate, it's sweet, creamy, with a mixture of fruits, it's fresh, the smoke reaches the end, it's good, without defect, but without surprise too!
In the finish, medium length on fruits and sweet vanilla, creamy!
a blend that succeeds with a normal age to release a dram of beauty, becoming almost common!
- Not very complex, but I had a great time. Enthusiasm 3/5 Whiskey n ° 1394
Beautifully flowery, warm nose. Apple syrup and a hint of caramel. Crème brûlée and honey, it lacks a little volume.
Attack weak, but behind very sweet and fruity. He has bodybuilding despite the reduction.
Caressing on vanilla