one in wishlist
15 × member ratings
10 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Smokey Peated
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.08 points
- Sweeter, quite young malt from Talisker, Ledaig & Ardbeg. Lots of peat, a lot of lemon, earthy, yummy.
- Uncomplicated Hides Malt Not what makes you feel stupid
smoked ham, sweet, fruity, tangerines, gooseberries, grated lemon rind,
oily, light body, after coal dust,
short . Alcohol is well integrated.
- Can compete well with various Islay OA, but more in the 30-35 € class than 50 €.
Smoke - vegetable bitter to cold ashtray - and sweetness, honey, some Nutella, peanut cream ... Smoke and sweetness are very balanced
creamy-nutty sweetness, white chocolate, chewing on blades of grass, white pepper ... more sips -> more bitter ... is there still coffee? Medicine?
very dry, literally pulls the water out of my mouth
- uncomplicated and pleasant to drink
Iodine, peat, something sweet cowshed,
ripe vanilla flowers
salty sea air
Cherries in cool seawater puddles
burnt gum and lemon
in the end, the cowshed probably burned down too a nice soft nose
a soft start ignited on the tongue
smoky, peaty with caramel sweetness
on the palate it becomes gentle again
a nice tension between smoke and sweetness
drink very pleasant and tasty
alternating with sweetness
- An uncomplicated whiskey for leisurely enjoyment.
very fresh and grassy, of course, the smoke with a clear but not exaggerated presence, sweet and malty, overall rather light, honey, while also a little iodine spice, in the background citrus, yellow fruit, mirabelle, with time the nose gets used to the Smoke and the filegraneren notes emerge
first dry smoke, then the sweetness comes to it, again the yellow fruit, floral, in the mouth it is then still quite young, a little cinnamon, the 48% are not really effective and I would rather typed there to 43%
The finish is characterized by dry cinnamon, in addition to salt on the palate, the smoke fills the entire mouth, the fruity sweetness comes out time and time again, if you spread the last remains in the mouth,
- It's peated, young and playfull. Lot's of grass, oily and smoky. Not much other than that. If you like peat, this is good.