Strathisla 14-year-old

Strength
30 Jul 2014 9:09 am by Danny Moons
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Strathisla 14-year-old

7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.40 points

1. Baanaanaabob scored this whisky 82 points Connoisseur

Honey citrus white fruits, feels a bit like bourbon, not very interesting

2. Jeep51 scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

Really young and one-dimensional
      A chemical fruity mainly. Young, woody, ginger and white fruits. In short, it's really very young.
    • Taste
      A little softer, but really just a little because it is still well wooded: green wood, chilli, pear and ginger.
      Long, dry, pungent. Ginger

3. Erik Elixir scored this whisky 87 points Connoisseur

Tasted with Aby and JJ
      Chocolate, bourbon fruits, spices - oregano and vanilla. Some sweets and green banana.
    • Taste
      Pepper, bourbon fruits, nutmeg and citrus.
      Chocolate and citrus.

4. Koloman did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

I asked the Distillery how it can be, one batch with different ABV, and received promptly the following answer:"Thank you so much for your email and for getting in touch with us about the alcohol volume of the Self-Fill we sell in our shop. When we first received the self-fill casks, we were informed that the alcohol volume was 60.1% ABV so this was the volume that was entered onto all of the labels that initial our guests filled out. We then requested our experts to re-analyse the alcohol volume for us, and the exact figure that came out is: 57.8% ABV.  So, 57.8% ABV is the correct volume for Batch 1. Apologies for any confusion, I hope this helps to clarify your query."
    Such an honest answer I think is exemplary!

5. Pese did not rate this whisky Expert Junior

I bottled mine a few days ago (Edit: 31/5/2015) also from batch no. 1 and also with 57.8 % ABV, bottle no. 669, so say the distillery data.
    I agree: one batch with different ABV seems to be strange.

Nevertheless, I was able to taste it at the distillery before bottling, and for me it's a wonderful and tasty dram.

6. Sjaunja scored this whisky 88 points Specialist

Very strange:

My bottle from batch 1, filled Sep. 23rd 2014, bottlenumber 323 has 57,8%ABV.

7. Pouya did not rate this whisky Member Senior