- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand Bottled at the Distillery
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Bourbon Cask
- Batch 1
- 60.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Jul 2014 9:09 am by Danny Moons
4 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
28 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Strathisla 14-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.40 points
- Honey citrus white fruits, feels a bit like bourbon, not very interesting
- Really young and one-dimensional
A chemical fruity mainly. Young, woody, ginger and white fruits. In short, it's really very young.
A little softer, but really just a little because it is still well wooded: green wood, chilli, pear and ginger.
Long, dry, pungent. Ginger
- Tasted with Aby and JJ
Chocolate, bourbon fruits, spices - oregano and vanilla. Some sweets and green banana.
Pepper, bourbon fruits, nutmeg and citrus.
Chocolate and citrus.
- I asked the Distillery how it can be, one batch with different ABV, and received promptly the following answer:"Thank you so much for your email and for getting in touch with us about the alcohol volume of the Self-Fill we sell in our shop. When we first received the self-fill casks, we were informed that the alcohol volume was 60.1% ABV so this was the volume that was entered onto all of the labels that initial our guests filled out. We then requested our experts to re-analyse the alcohol volume for us, and the exact figure that came out is: 57.8% ABV. So, 57.8% ABV is the correct volume for Batch 1. Apologies for any confusion, I hope this helps to clarify your query."
Such an honest answer I think is exemplary!
- I bottled mine a few days ago (Edit: 31/5/2015) also from batch no. 1 and also with 57.8 % ABV, bottle no. 669, so say the distillery data.
I agree: one batch with different ABV seems to be strange.
Nevertheless, I was able to taste it at the distillery before bottling, and for me it's a wonderful and tasty dram.
- Very strange:
My bottle from batch 1, filled Sep. 23rd 2014, bottlenumber 323 has 57,8%ABV.
- Got bottle n° 180 - 17/08/14