- Premiumcask (pc.de)
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- 1st Fill PX Octave Finish
- Number of bottles
- 52.6 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Limited Special Edition for "La Famiglia"
- Bottle code
- in Deutschland nachgereifter Whisky
- Added on
- 28 Jul 2014 5:26 pm by Nilles
11 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
74 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Sherry Bomb Vol. 1 pc.de
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.59 points
- Hello :) here again current notes Somewhere in Spain, in the heat of summer, a man sits on his hacienda and strums on the guitar "In the eye of the Sherry" .... Today I opened the Sherry Bomb (or defused?) She is the baby of the group and of Thorsten Niesner aka. Premiumcask.de The bomb has 52.4% alcohol. I will do without water. Color: orange-red / rust / dark amber. Nose: Sherry! Sweet and refreshing. He did not take away the beautiful freshness of the original, on the contrary. The slightly alcoholic note has now gone down in sherry. Cherries and oranges dominate. Over time, the sherry becomes drier. The oak comes through (tentatively). The alcohol is really barely noticeable. I had expected more with marzipan and raisins, but he is much milder. I've been busy with the Nosing for about 30 minutes now. And the deeper the train is inhaling / smelling, the more bitter chocolate and oak are added. But still in a good balance. Also the sweetness and the fruitiness vary. Sometimes more strawberries, sometimes orange. Tongue: 1. sip Wonderfully sweet nectar :) Pure sherry. No bitterness. Here you meet again on cherries and oranges. The alcohol is barely noticeable. The post-maturation was perfect! (And so probably quite unique.) The finish is sweet again and extremely stimulates the salivation. He asks for a second sip. But I'll give him some time with that because I want to let him breathe. 2. Swallow. The nose is not that sweet anymore, but it leaves the whiskey a bit more stage. There is still no bitterness on the tongue. But I mean, the oranges are getting a bit more prevalent now. This may be dark chocolate. Gives the whiskey a bit more body and complexity. I like it. The departure is still beguiling. Conclusion: I would describe him less as sherry bomb. He is rather a smart bomb, similar to a cruise missile. He is not too powerful, but brings his specific flavor and taste to the nose and tongue without being overstrained. If a still would let in such an experiment, I would not be averse. Ps: Thorsten, done everything right (y) And in the next "experiment" it would be very interesting to extend the post-maturity even more. He will definitely taste :)
- Tasting note for the corresponding sherry:
Sherry Bomb Sherry: Nose: raisins, an incredible number of raisins. Behind an incredible sweet. Quite a few grapes come through. Otherwise, not much will come through there. But what's enough in the nose for an hour smell. Mouth: Thunder Char is cute. Incomprehensible. Liquid sugar. Then a slight bitterness. The sherry is exactly mine. Already something viscous and very sweet. Now I have some barrel and a hint of chocolate in my nose. Very dark chocolate. The last sip :( grapes, sweet, chocolate, I could drink the bottle.
If someone still has it. More about me;)
Finish: Very long and still sweet.
Conclusion: I want more of it. Thorsten, I'm waiting for the second bomb. Unfortunately the bottle is empty now. 90 points.
- Nice complex and the sherry has done the malt good.
a little alcohol, sweetness, a hint of sulfur, very dark fruits to coffee and mocha. Some bittersweet chocolate.
Nice approach, a bitterness comes rushing, on the tongue is the chocolate and dark grapes again. Some peppermint comes out for the finish.
Medium long and relatively sweet.
- In Deutschland nachgereifter Whisky
Whisky, that was additionally matured in Germany
limited special edition for "la famiglia"