- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Caribbean Rum
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Caribbean Rum Cask Finish
- Cask Selection 25
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Dec 2008 1:46 pm
14 × in wishlist
138 × member ratings
265 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 21-year-old
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.75 points
- It would be nice to have a full bottle of this, I have tasted a few Rum cask finish and haven't been that impressed, I was with this and thanks to Peatbogger for the sample.
- Always been a fan of Glenfiddich and this is another good example, pity about the 40%.
Straight away I get brown sugar, and the juice from tinned prunes, a peeled and diced blood orange, also cherry cola and some sort of chocolate, but I am not sure what.
First sip and a good swill round the mouth, I like it, but it's a pity it's only 40%, this could have been a lot better with a higher percentage, the potential is definitely there though. I don't know how long the finish was, but it feels about right to me, a nice balance.
A medium finish with some plum and black cherry.
- Subtle, fresh whisky. I really appreciate the coin, great asset in the collection.
You smell mint, fresh grass and a spicy blend. Makes it exciting.
Mint to taste, also elements of herbs. Sweet traces of rum. Reminds of hay.
Little disappointment. The aftertaste evaporates in a too fast pace.
- This whisky is a party in the collection !!
- A nice variation of Glenfiddich, only the finish is a bit disapointing. Quite original and not to sugary as some rum finishes can be.
Tasted at Whisky Live Paris 2015.
The rum influence is easy to spot. Gourmand. Quite elegant in fact, not too weak at only 40% (btw, why so much distilleries keep bottling at 40%?), what is nice is that this is not too sugary.
Not agressive, quite smooth, the rum brings some old rum, sugar cane along classic Glenfiddich flavours.
Quite short in fact, it looses points here, too bad.
- A light whisky without any junk notes, but a bit too weak on the chest. In the finish I miss something and the Rumfinish is rather restrained.
very fresh mint, hay and grass, apple, oak and sweet honey, behind the light sulfur, after the first sip comes nut
Herb meadow, heather, fruity apple and peach, a lot of dry oak, still honey, but less sweet than the nose, slightly sour on the palate, that's probably the Rumeinschlag, the rum note is rather restrained and only comes from time to time , overall rather mild
medium-aged, dry oak, apple peel, the mouth becomes a bit furry with time