- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- American Oak Barrels
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Jul 2014 4:13 pm by wacher
30 × in wishlist
98 × member ratings
228 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich Excellence
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.68 points
- N21 P21 F21 B21
- 21 21 21 21 84
- Tried it blind yesterday at a tasting.
Nose quite closed, maybe a bit bourbon style smell.
Taste, didn't pick up it's 26 years, some sweet vanilla notes, a bit oily but also some hars alcohol notes. Not suberp in my opinion. Medium long finish, pretty soft.
N: Malty-light yet with a superbly weighted oily body.
T: Same again. This light oiled, well-aged style is simply ideal and faultless in its class.
F: Dunnage-light on chalky bung cloth.
C: If this juice wasn’t so precious/expensive [rrp £350, Aug ’18], I’d have a serious drinking problem. Beautiful lubricant.
Scores a B+
- Apples, vanilla, oak cask, cake, allspices, cream brûlée, peaches, tropical fruits, prunes and ginger notes on nose.
Spices, apples, cake, cream, oak cask, licorice and pepper notes on palate.
Apples, vanilla, a little bit pepper, oak cask, cream brûlée and ginger notes on long finish.
- A delicious whisky.
Show nut and sweet, you smell the bourbon barrels.
Oak and unmistakably sweet vanilla sugars, this is really delicious !!!
Wonderfully long and complex.
- A typical representative of Glenfiddich, but as soft and soft as no other. Very tasty, but I would like something more edge / character.
- Here are my Tasting Notes for the Glenfiddich Excellence 26 years: http://www.whiskygeist.com/2016/11/06/glenfiddich-excellence-26-jahre/