- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2014 7:56 pm by alectron
one in wishlist
34 × member ratings
32 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 12-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.25 points
- I like that. For only 12 years is already quite complex and adult. Everything is nicely integrated and does not look set. The 46% are just right. Solid part
Marzipan mixture with coffee and roasted aromas; with a lighter, more beautiful muff; slightly maritime and some menthol; Vanilla; over time, the flavors are sweeter but also earthier (potatoes ?!); altogether a rather complex nose
nice creamy with caramel and chocolate; Oak and again coffee and roasted aromas; a little sherry sweetness
short are medium long; very nice spicy and sweet; again chocolate and again coffee aromas; nuts and oak are added
- Aroma: sweet, sherry, apple, pear, vanilla, slightly maritime, medicinal Taste: malt, sour apple, oak, slightly medicated
Finish: medium long, medicated, iodine, some smoke, sour green apples
- A bit of everything. Complex - sea, salt, strength and gentleness
- Those enjoying our 12-year-old can expect a beautiful bronze liquid to shine through their dram glass while rich, malty flavours tempt their senses.
Tasting Notes by Springbank
Incredibly rich, the influence of the sherry cask is immediately apparent. Sweet, with hints of chocolate - there are also notes of apricot, orange marmalade, almonds and marzipan.
Malty, fruity and elegant. A very well balanced and rounded dram with hints of oak, figs and nuts.
A long, lingering fruity sweetness.