- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 0114A
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- 1st Fill American Oak Casks
- 55.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2014 10:42 am by KayMeertens
10 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
108 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Nàdurra
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.81 points
Creamy vanilla. Vanilla cookie even. Apple, peach and pineapple.
Vanilla, apple, peach, pineapple and a little pepper.
Vanilla, peach, apple and a tiny whiff of smoke.
- Excellent value for money.
Vanilla and tropical fruit (banana, mango, lime and grapefruit). Furthermore, the whisky smells very sweet (caster sugar).
First intense, but then pineapple, orange and caramel.
Cinnamon and nutmeg and very sharp. After adding a few drops of water, a slightly more creamy finish.
- Aroma: fruity, sweet, light acid, pineapple, mango, apples, vanilla, oak, toffee, honey
Taste: Apples, pears, vanilla, oak, honey
Finish: long, slightly bitter, oak, fruity, honey
- Nose: full fruit nose with exotic fruits (pineapple) and dark 100% apple juice. Has a sweetness like the water from the tins with mandarins you get in the supermarket. Against the sweetness vanilla oak and spicy honey squeezes in the small piece of roasted nuts.
Taste: strong and spicy start with a lot of toffee and vanilla, some nuttiness and such an apple / pear note (where is the exotic fruit?). The finish is quite spicy / scratchy and the oak taps with a pleasant bitterness. Ah, there comes back the honey sweetness and the exotic fruit note. Beautiful long remains the pleasant finish in the mouth.
The best was my nose but the rest was really good. He tolerates water and makes it a little milder and the toffee note comes out better. A certain angularity in the mouth remains. A very nice Bourbon barrel ripening which was a bargain at the time. The now called prices are but cheeky and he is not worth it.
- I find this to be a very nice tasting whisky, but please....add a little water.
When drinking it pure, it is a little sharp around the edges and just a little water makes it smoother and more complex in the taste.
My price rating is based on the fact, that I was able to buy it for around 42 euro's and for that price it is a great Cask Strength expression.
- This is absolutely a good whisky by Glenlivet. Looking forward to try another batch of the Nadurra.
Appeljuice, pineapple, lime, pear, roses, vanilla and honey
Apples, toffee, nuts, peach, licorice, green leaves and grapes
Long, spices, tropical fruit and honey
- I always like Glenlivet Nadurra. This batch doesn't disappoint me either. It used to be one of the best standard OB cask strength whisky's around. Unfortunately recently discontinued as a 16y old and replaced by a NAS. Probably run out of old casks....
Typical Nadurra nose of tropical fruit sweetness (pineapple and mango) intermingled with toasted oak of bourbon barrels. Vanilla and honey. Lime. A little soap as well.
Quite an alcoholic punch. More on cedar wood now. Orange marmelade. Also grapefruit. Custard powder and cake mix. More woody in my view than other Nadurra batches.
Long. Pepper and nutmeg. Ginger. Cinnamon.
- Just cracked opne a bottle of this a week ago. Had a second tasting of this about a week later and was pleasantly surprised. Not a big fan of Glenlivet (I have the 12/15/18) but this bottling is quite exceptional. Reminds me of one of the only bourbons I like - Woodford Reserve. Great buy as is costs about EUR50 when I got it last. Must stock up on a few more bottles.
Light oak, Vanilla, lots of Bourbon notes
Sweet, Summer fruit, Tastes like it's a high abv but with a less of a burn, some apple pie sort of taste
The bourbon is still there, vanilla, slightly spicy. The higher ABV makes itself known, Flavour palate doesn't last very long though
- Not a big Glenlivet fan, however this is a very nice whisky. Lots of spices and somewhat herbal flavours. Good nose, but not superb. Dark flavoured body. I find the finish a bit disappointing, would have expected a longer and darker finish.