2 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
36 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 2000 MoS
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.15 points
- "Grapefruit sorbet with a drop of bitterness"
- This whisky is reasonably in balance although the nose remains the most (by me) valued component.
Dried grass and vanilla. Tropical fruit but also green apples. A hint of butter and floral. Very fresh and sweet.
A small but pleasant bitterness. Green apples and vanilla. Also confit lime.
Mid-length. Sweet with a nice pepper.
- N: Pancake nose with pineapples and fresh bananas. A sweet one.
T: Green and potent nose, strong and flavoursome even neat.
F: Grain=oak with a solid and classical bourbon cask malt finish
C: Nice but uneventful by Linkwood standards.
Scores a B-
- If you like the fresh, mellow, floral, summery flavour profile, you will like this. I know I do. I seem to be a bit above the average rating here, but this really suits me.
Fresh, floral, mellow. Cereal notes and vanilla. Flowery, nectar-like. Some tropical fruit (pineapple?). Grain cookies. Fine malt, really crisp and refreshing.
Cereal and vanilla again, warming. Lighter fruits now; Pineapple again but also green apple, lemon and apricot. Only a hint of bitterness, liquorice or oak. Very tasty, this goes down easy.
Not that long, but it's quite nice. This vanilla, fresh malt, fruity and cereal notes combine really well. The bitter note is gone now.
- Not very recognisable as a sherry butt.
Light and floral, vanilla ice cream, sweet bananas, grapefruit
Grains and citrus fruit, lime, melon wich gives it a little bit more character
Medium long, sweet, not oaky