- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 01 Jul 2014 4:47 pm by Ras Mazunga
6 × in wishlist
160 × member ratings
452 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka Pure Malt - Red
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.59 points
- Already a very easy drinkable, fruity Dram with a bit of Japanese-spicy oak, pleasant without being too complex.
Intense fruity, berries, hints of candied peanut, peach, grass, a bit musty and very subtle smoke after a while
Also clear fruity-berry first, grass, tea, some earth, and soft oak, candied orange
Some toast, spice and oak, in the mouth remain summer berries and orange
- Oh, no, that's nothing. My first Japanese, who does not believe ...
Smells very aromatic, light and young. Vanilla, a few herbs.
Acts very pungent in the mouth, the alcohol dominates.
- Nose:- Toasted cereal and sweet minty chocolate, nutty and whiff of olive oil.
Palate:- Dried fruits and oily vanilla come fore, tasty at first but odd spirit emerge at tail, and astringent built up.
Finish:- Short-medium, minty and sweet spices. But exit with sharp and young spirit aftertaste. Husky and not very pleasant.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- A quick tasting in a wine shop.
Nose - very sweet and fruity nose, vanilla, some nose.
Taste - pepper, spice, lemon peel.
Finish - medium/long, fruity, citrus.
- My least favorite of the pure malts. Has a bit of a funk to it that doesn't sit well with me. Also found the flavour profile a bit dull.
Herbal funk. Gooseberries. Plums. Peach. Ethanol. Young. Raspberry.
Bitter wood. Vanilla. Pears. Citrus rind.
Medium. Medicinal sherry funk. Butter wood.