- Single Malt
- Douglas Laing (DL)
- Bottling serie
- Old Malt Cask
- Stated Age
- 39 years old
- Sherry Cask Matured
- Number of bottles
- 43.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Dec 2008 4:29 pm
27 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
27 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 1960 DL
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.48 points
- fig dates honey toffee sultanas leather chocolate tobacco, excellent sherry, delicious! As brilliant as the other 1960 dl
- Really a highly complex Malt in which 1cl grade enough to get to know. To understand, you would bring a bottle and that is unaffordable-
- This is definitely my preferred profile - a dream!
Once later I have to compare it to the other 1960 DL and of course the leader - the 1968 Auld Acquaintance but I guess it's in the same league.
Intense, fruity, citrus fruits, cooked oranges, dried fruits, plums, figs, spices, xmas cake, whiffs of finest sherry wood - Superb!
Oily, creamy, liquorice, subtle sweetness in balance with old oak wood, dark and dried fruits again, also some citric fruitiness, toffee, dark cocolate later on - Fantastic!
Medium long, more spices, more milk chocolate, zesty - Great!
- Tasting Notes:
- [April, 2005] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 99 (ninety-nine) Euro in October, 2004.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 92,5. My notes state an incredibly rich "sherry monster" with a nice creamy Bunnahabhain mouthfeel.
- This Whisky was sold for 635 € at Whiskyauction in Nov. 2014
Color: Amontillado sherry
Nose: Fruity plum jam, juicy raisins and dull leather notes provided with the finest tobacco. Sweet honey-vanilla syrup with rose petals and wet hay.
Taste: Very gentle and soft on the tongue with honey-sweet fruit flavors. Then comes tingling salt, which is accompanied by black pepper. Vanilla, raisins and sherry notes, wood, nuts, mocha, liquorice and a touch of tart herbal tea make the palate wide.
Finish: long and tasty! Fruit notes in combination with tart wood aromas, fine nut liqueur, sweet honey and strong vanilla influence. Dry and smoky towards the end.
93 points (nose: 94 / taste: 93 / finish 93)