- Single Grain
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Girvan Patent Still - No.4 Apps
- American Oak Barrels
- 42.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Jun 2014 9:55 am by whiskyman_de
2 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
92 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Girvan NAS
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.93 points
- With its light fruitiness and refreshing sharpness, it is certainly a nice summer whiskey.
Fresh grass, citrus fruit, vanilla, some Granny Smith, delicate ginger notes, hints of milk chocolate and blossom honey. Cedarwood and many sweet, bright fruits. Fresh, cooling aromas, clear and light.
Right at the start honey sweetness, followed by fresh ginger sharpness. Here comes now dark chocolate, to the citrus fruits. The vanilla comes through only slightly. The sweetness keeps the balance with the bittersweet note and the sharpness.
Right on. The dark chocolate lasts a long time.
- Similar to Haig Club - a little over-priced for what it is. I am unaware of the age but the slightly higher ABV of 42 doesn't rescue it.
- Quite an anonymous dram for the money - you can get better blends for half the price.
The first impression was of TCP or Dettol, then a slight hint of fruit.
Nothing stands out in particular but a slight sweetness as it goes down.
Not particularly unplesant but nothing lingers.
- In general, a good whiskey, fairly spicy, but for the same price, there are more pleasant analogs both among blends and single malts.
Spirituoznost, green grass, a little bit of vanilla, a mix of fruits.
The taste is pleasant, sweet, cereal. Vanilla, bitter citrus.
Short, sweet with a fruity taste (unexpected!)
Odor: sourdough, grass, hay, vanilla, light smoke, licorice with sugar
Taste: mild sweet, malty, grassy, barely noticeable in the mouth, tastes pleasant
Finish: long-lasting malt flavor, some anise
Verdict: Not bad at all, but way too thin
- different, but not bad, so not an "untrinkbarer Jung-industrial", could also be good on ice in the summer
very short solvent stitch, but it is quickly gone, then fresh vanilla-lemony sweetness
not sharp or metallic, as you might expect, but mild, creamy, sweet, rather simple and straightforward, after a while even some barrel influence, some caramel and a slight exotic-spicy note
well, a little bitter ;-)