89.00/100
Tall bottle, screw cap
06 Jun 2014 3:39 pm by Amsterdam

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for MacPhail's 25-year-old GM

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.00 points

1. Slick scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

Yeah, well, apparently, there are more versions of this... G&M - right...
    I tried recently one that was totally different and basically it was much more sherried.
    All of these Macphail's 25y olds are great though... I don't think you can go wrong with them, prices for these are still not crazy high... get a bottle.

My previous note was for a bottle that had a much more pale color than the one here on the picture. I guess i should have uploaded my picture before i opened it, not sure if there was a picture for this bottling back then...

BTW - my tasting of this was actually along with the current 25yo Fine Oak Macallan back in 2014.
    They tasted like 95%+ the same...

And i was a critic back then... maybe i should revise my rating to 89 now. I mean the way the current bottlings are goin...pff.

2. Amsterdam scored this whisky 90 points Specialist

I don't agree with Slick. This is the Pure Malt version, a blended malt.

Macallan for sure, but from a different era than the Fine Oak.

3. Slick scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

Undisclosed Macallan 25yo (Oak Cask). Palate exactly as the current 25yo. Fine Oak bottling.