- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Barrel - Sherry Cask
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 47.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Jun 2014 8:55 am by MacIslay
8 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balvenie 15-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.53 points
- Compared my sample directly with cask 2805 - that may be detrimental for the scoring of this one. Much weaker sherry influence, and much less to my liking that the recent casks 2805, 2806 and 2807, which seem to be outstanding in terms of quality of this series of 15YO Balvenies.
- Note by Serge Valentin from whiskyfun.com:
Balvenie 15 yo 'Single Barrel' (47.8%, OB, sherry, cask #16293, +/-2015) It’s always a bit weird to have a cask # without having the vintage, but after tall, here is an age statement (which is normal, this no young immature sweet-oak-doped juice). Colour: amber. Nose: a tad weird indeed, because there’s a sweet raisiny sherry indeed, but also whiffs of fresh oak (newly sawn plank) that do hint at a finishing in new or rejuvenated oak. But of course, I could be wrong – I’m probably wrong. What is sure is that we’re totally in the style of the 12 Triple Cask. Perhaps a little more tobacco? And a little more mushrooms/humus? Mouth: very much so indeed. It does feel a bit ‘designed’, with these pencil shavings and other woody flavours, but on the other hand, I cannot find any flaws to this smart beverage. Chocolate, praline, figs, butterscotch, gingerbread… Finish: long, oaky, with raisins and a sharp tobacco-like feeling. Snuff? Some chocolate and ginger in the aftertaste. Comments: very likeable (how minimal, S., how is this some comments?) SGP:451 - 84 points.
- A bit drier and spicier than I had expected.
Red fruit, mint, wood spice, and polish.
Dry spicy and fruity arrival. Red fruit, mild honey, oak, and lots of spice.
Red fruit and a drying, long, and tannic finish with some honey sneaking through.
- Not Bad but not worth almost 100€, prefer their bourbon casks. Would always prefer their 12yr bourbon single cask over this one, especially as this one is available for around 40€.