- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 52.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kierzek, Berlin
- Added on
- 04 Jun 2014 4:07 pm by Amsterdam
39 × in wishlist
71 × member ratings
85 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1996
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.50 points
- whiskyauction.com 11-2017 € 175
- Whiskyauction.com 02-2017 €161
- Blind tasting of a sample.
Pastry, orange, raisins, very creamy fruits and vanilla. Chocolate, fudge, leather, syrup, nuts and cake baking mix.
The nose is 90+.
Caramel, fruity, coffee, sticky pudding, some spices and forest fruits.
Some pepper, orange, raisins, forest fruits, plums and dates.
- A beautiful Glendronach, excellent cask selection.
Prunes, dates, dried figs, coffee, chocolate. Sweet, with just a slightest hint of sulphur, other than that - superb.
Creamy, oily, extremely fruity with oranges, grapes, figs chased by notes of chocolate, cocoa, almonds. A bit of ginger follows. Great.
Long, lingering fruity sweetness complemented by bitterness of roasted cocoa.
- Nose is sherry, raisin and fig are there's a Chesterfield couch dazzling around on which someone spilled a bit sulphur. Really great nose, in fact I could nose this one for hours before nipping, it's very rewarding and changes over time.
Taste is a sherry sweet explosion in the best way a PX could be, lots of oranges, oil, and red fruit, pepper. There is wood, but it's so well balanced, the wood comes just after a brief moment, very nice.
Finish is long, very long, nice and sweet, some wood as well.
Another great PX sherry bomb by Glendronach! Sets you back around 120 euro's but she's worth it.