- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 2nd Release
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Calculated age
- 15 years old
- Ex-Bourbon Barrels + Ex-Sherry Butts
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 04 Jun 2014 8:59 am by Dragon
17 × in wishlist
111 × member ratings
157 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balblair 1999
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.45 points
- Why do I wonder that there isn't much left in the bottle? This Balblair belongs in my prey scheme and I can find absolutely no missing notes. Alcohol strength fanatics definitely won't get their money's worth here. It is pleasant, tasty and mild. A really very good droplet.
- Starts fresh and fruity slowly turning bitter and sour. Drinkable but not for me
- Nice daily Dram. Nothing very Special but easily drinkable.
Fruity with Orange zest and sweet dried fruits. Classic Sherry influence
Nothing remarkable but also nothing bad.
Sweet, fruity and not too alcoholic.
Medium long with the Sherry influence in the later stage. Some would say boring....
- Enthusiasm: Nose: 2/5 Mouth and finish: 3/5 Whisky n ° 1749
Powerful and fragrant (caramel, cooked wine ...) it is also a little brutal, even nagging.
In the mouth, relief. A balance is created between spices a little rough and austere and a certain roundness.
Satisfactory final, in the continuity of the mouth. Correct length.
- Malt, leather, seasoning -> Not so mean ...
Christmas cake, ginger, apple, spices, honey
Full, but oily and spicy, malt with honey, leather, oak, dried ginger, smoked bacon, some bitter orange
Medium to long, dry, bread, flour, seasoning, warm
- So this is beautifully smooth, deliciously spicy and fruity, a pity of that prize.
Apples, pears, honey, vanilla, slightly citrus, very delicate spices - beautiful fruity aroma
Again beautiful and fruity - apples, citruses, vanilla, delicate spices
In a smooth reverberation of fruit, woodiness, malt and how different than the delicate spices that long persist in the mouth
Warehouse of seasoned leather in the air, pleasingly deep and thick
aroma of peace. Various elements well married into the drops. Lush of
raisin and banana creaminess with light white pepper on the top half.
After breath, toffee reveals with a touch of crushed floral, lightly
fungi but in a good way.
Palate:- Weighty and juicy, creaminess carry on from aroma to the
palate. Flakes of sherry spices laid by forestry. Complex, gentle and
Finish:- Medium - long length. Light burst of ripe fruits reflux at the back. A gem.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.