- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Port Cask Finish
- Calculated age
- 13 years old
- Port Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 55.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Ibisco Decanter
- Bottled for
- Whisky Barrel - Lanaken Belgium
- Added on
- 29 May 2014 11:53 am by brick666
8 × in wishlist
44 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2001
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.24 points
- This whisky is being overrated here on WB by the owner of the barrel and his son who both rated it 100 points. Therefore, an average rating of 89+ points is exaggerated. My overall rating for this bottle is 85 points.
Fresh and sour, red fruits, strawberry, raspberry, honey, strawberrylemonade, nutty with almonds, some marzipan and after a while there is some nutmeg.
Creamy, chocolate, ‘bonbons’, cherries and a little pepper.
Medium length, again chocolate, creamy, red fruits, cherries.
- Not a fan of this whisky, but what i really don't like is the owner who'se rating all his whiskies with 100 and to me that means trying to cheat the userbase / website.
Therefor this whisky scores a one for me on presentation.
- Bus travel sample of the raccoon
Very balanced body with a nice portnote, which is not superimposed. The finish is slightly bitter with roasted aromas.
- It is nice and dark in the glass, with this typical for Roses whisky whisky.
This is also an excellent Stöffchen ...
The nose nice and sweet; sugared tangerines; Cotton candy; behind it a mixture of beautiful, juicy, red and yellow apples; Strawberry compote; something sweet cherry is hiding
Slightly oily and sweet in the mouth; fruity red; again strawberries, this time less sweet, rather fresh with a light acidity; it gets warm, but not hot; spicy make a few roasted Hasselnüsse wide
In the finish, a nice dark chocolate appears first; the sweet fruits can not be hidden, they are red; towards the end orange marmalade and at the very end he passes away as he came ... in beautiful dark chocolate