Springbank 1997

Market
us United States
26 may 2014 10:35 pm by Dram Dracula

Whisky reviews for Springbank 1997

One user has left a review for this whisky. Average rating is 91.33 points.

1. Palindrome scored this whisky 92 points Expert Senior

This is, hands down, one of my favorite batch whiskies of all time. I love it so much that, for once, I am speechless. There's probably no point on my writing anything because this one is very hard to find, even at auction. I would like to know how many casks were used and how many bottles were produced.

The rechar is dialed in perfectly, not unlike the Ardbeg alligator, which I also dearly love. I still have several bottles of each because by the time these both were released I was hanging upside down in the wings, ready to spring, and so I did. Two cases of each, which wasn't easy for the Springbank 15 Rechar. I only bought three when they were in town and had to hunt down the rest. Word didn't get out how good they were for about six months, which was odd. And so I got my chance to stock up. By then, I was flush . . . but if I could go back in time, I would have gotten twice as many!

Dram Dracula, 87? Really? I respect your reviews a great deal and just used them to advise me on buying some new bottles, but on this one, good grief.

On another subject, the 15 Rechar is better than the 19 by a longshot. So much more going on in the glass. I give the 19 year old an 89. Minus one point for too much alcohol presence, even after a proper oxidation for six months after the bottle is drunk down just below the neck.

By way of reference, I gave the Black Box Highland Park 25-year-old a 94. 95 is the highest mark that I can ever recall using for a review or even notes like these.

KVK: 60207205